“Good hotel with a few niggles” 4 of 5 stars

Coppid Beech Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   John Nike Way, Bracknell RG12 8TF, England   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bracknell
plymouth
“Good hotel with a few niggles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here recently for 2 nights on a midweek business trip. The hotel was very clean and spacious and the food was very nice. My only 2 grumbles would be 1) The room had a connecting door which was marked 'fire escape door' even though it was locked. Because this door was connected to the next room I was able to hear virtually everything next door including the TV, person speaking on their mobile and snoring - they virtually may as well have been in the same room as me! 2) The eastern european receptionist spoke so fast we were hardly unable to understand her. It turned out we had £25 each to spend per evening on a meal that she had told us but because she said it so fast we didn't hear it until somebody else told us the next day.Oh also couldn't adjust the air con - kept going back to 20 degrees and the room was stifling 1st night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an extra door in it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Room were awful!! Very dated and head board on bed was a rug! But... restaurant and staff were ok, spa facilitys are goods enjoyed a massage and gym facilities. I chose this for my friends hen weekend and was defiantly for older brides the entrainment was even awful, the night club well that was a experience we walked in to a empty club. Music not good at all, as can see from my review I would not recommend this, maybe if they updated it would be night nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SE London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We checked in on Saturday late afternoon to attend a friends birthday party, we were given room 324 which was reasonable, overlooking the front of the hotel
The sink drainage did not work, the sink filled but did not empty, I called the reception, they promptly sent a housekeeper who confirmed it was not working. He told me reception would call me and let me know what was going to happen. I waited 15 minutes for a call, I contacted the duty manager who said she would call me back. after another ten minutes I had to call reception back and tell them what to do, i.e. give me another room. We were upgraded to a ground floor The room was OK, fairly dated we had to call reception to asks for a glasses for the mini bar.
When asked on check out how our stay was I told them of our troubles and the receptionist apologised and told me that the duty receptionist on Saturday evening was a trainee.
The event was great, the hotel proved good value for money for what we paid.
We would not rush back

Room Tip: Check the plumbing before you unpack!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Margate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and was impressed from check-in to check-out. Arrived early but they stored my case for me while I went to my business meeting, checked-in by a friendly smiling girl, room was large and very comfortable with free soft drinks in the mini-bar (admittedly only coke and water but the thought was there), nice tea and coffe tray, with real china cups. Bathroom was spacious and clean, shower nice and warm and a decent power, and really excellent bath towels - actually large enough to wrap around me, which is no mean feat! A very nice bar area and we ate in the Keller Bar downstairs, which is informal and good quality food. The rate included full English breakfast, which was superb. Wonderful creamy scrambled eggs, good bacon, sausages, etc., a really good start to the day.
My only complaint – and this is true of hotels world-wide – are the bar prices. Two large glasses of red wine and a small lager were just over 18 GBP. There's a Laithwaite wine store directly opposite the hotel where I could (and should) have purchased a very decent bottle of red for that money (probably two).
But I'm nit-picking. The bed was large and comfortable and I really loved the place. I'd definitely stay here again, and I'd even bring she-who-must-be-obeyed, which says it all!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Although a little tired this hotel is great value for money - clean rooms, very helpful staff and a decent breakfast for a great rate. The aquarium inbetween the floors must be seen ! The apres bar is good fun and club is great for people watching !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We sometimes meet friends here on a Sunday afternoon.e. the atmosphere is pleasant and the staff are always attentive without intruding. The food and drinks are a little expensive but are worth it in my opinion. It's a really nice place to go to chill out with friends over coffee and a sandwich.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is really showing its age now, the rooms are dated with very old furniture, decor and soft furnishings. I was in a suite which 20 years ago would have been really nice but they haven't redecorated since then.
However the staff were quiet friendly. the bed was good, shower was good.
Free wifi.
Didn't have breakfast.

It s a business hotel and the plusses drag it up to an Average.

Don't stay for pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Coppid Beech Hotel? Share your experiences!