“Business hotel but great service” 4 of 5 stars

Grange Bracknell Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Charles Square, Bracknell RG12 1DF, England   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Bracknell
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Business hotel but great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is one of the best business style hotel I have stayed in, it's clean and tidy as you would expect, but the thing that really stands out is the fantastic personal service that this type of hotel normally lacks. Highly recommend.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good place to stay for business in Bracknell. The restaurant is excellent, however the prices of food could be lower. The outside of the hotel looks bad but it didn't affect the quality of the hotel itself.

• Stayed April 2013
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was going to slate this hotel but then I realised that it's Bracknell I have a downer on, not the poor old hotel...

It's pretty hard to find the right car park unless you're used the the Bracknell traffic system (I am and still messed up a bit) but once there it's a quick trot across the footbridge and into the hotel lobby... Keep hold of the car park token as you'll need the desk to validate it to get out (unless you like paying high car park fees).

The room was large (408) and clean if a little dated, the bed was comfortable and the wi-fi worked properly... Shower was hot and welcome :-)

Had the bacon cheeseburger with fries for dinner (room service).. Took a long while to come and was pretty average... maybe I should have been less lazy and gone downstairs to the restaurant...

I was here for a conference and the facilities were first rate for this... Food was good for this type of event too... If you're looking to host a meeting then The Grange should be on your list of places to use....

On the subject of the staff... All very helpful and pleasant... Top marks to the front of house team...

To sum up... If this hotel had been somewhere I wanted to go, then I would have given it (almost) top marks but you do have to look out of the window occasionally :-(

Somersham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here while visiting Berkshire and Hampshire with my family. As there are five of us a hotel that will accommodate my family is difficult to find in the UK, so we stayed here even though it was somewhat out of the way for that reason. Check in was quick, and our suite-style room was large and fully prepared with extra beds and a baby cot when we arrived. Dinner in the hotel was fine as was the included breakfast in the morning. Service was attentive but not overbearing. At 90 GBP for a large room and breakfast in a hotel of this caliber I'd say it was good value. Had we pre-booked, we could have had the room for 79.50. I think there are also package deals with the local attractions but we weren't in the area to see Legoland/Windsor Castle, etc. The beds were also exceedingly soft and I woke up stiff.

The area itself (central Bracknell) was uninspiring. I get the feeling that Bracknell has been hit hard by the recession. There were a few pubs (including a newly rehabbed one) in the area, but lots of the businesses and takeaways had been shuttered, making the hotel restaurant one of the few viable options (it's not cheap, nor is it horribly overpriced). I'd say this hotel is worthy of its 4 star rating, even if the area around it has seen its better days. There appeared to be very few guests in the hotel because of the downturn in the area-- I'd say its a lot like staying at a luxury hotel in Pyonyang, but who am I to say because I've never had that experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed over night and had dinner. We had a great welcome when we arrive. Room was large and well laid out with very good housekeeping. We really enjoyed our dinner, tasted good and was excellent value. We were looked after really well at breakfast. We left the hotel feeling good and refreshed. We feel that all the staff are well trained and work together well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chippenham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stopped here mid-week on business and found it to be a perfectly acceptable hotel. Service was OK, without being great. Wi-fi caused more complaints amongst our group than anything else. Food not particularly cheap but good. Bathroom very clean. Hotel location OK for shopping, but not really somewhere you would go for a romantic weekend. Making the TV work was frustrating, despite the "additional" instructions posted on it. The view from the bedroom window would not inspire great poetry.

I wouldn't refuse to come here again, but not really as my first choice.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have just returned from a great little mini break to Legoland. I disagree with the previous review, we found the hotel very accommodating for a family group. We stayed in a suite room which had a bedroom and a living area where the beds for our two boys had been put (they were most excited to have a tv of their own!) it also had a small kitchen (with cooler, microwave, dishwasher and fridge) so we were able to make up a picnic to take to Legoland each day. The restaurant staff were very friendly. The food for the children was buffet style with plenty of choice, we enjoyed our meals too. The buffet style breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. Again they thought about the children, asking if they wanted hot chocolate to drink etc.
Don't be put off this hotel, yes it is within a concrete jungle and parking is in a multi storey car park but there is a walkway through and parking costs were included in our package. Our room was spotlessly clean and it was great having the extra space. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grange Bracknell Hotel? Share your experiences!