“very dissapointed” 2 of 5 stars

01344 423481
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peacock Farm Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 82 Restaurants in Bracknell
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Doing business, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Northampton, United Kingdom
“very dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

called in for something to eat after playing hockey. staff very friendly, beer good, food terrible. ordered the traditional chicken Sunday lunch which was described as half a chicken. when the waiter brought the meal to our table, I waited for him to return with the veg only to find it under the chicken. the veg consisted of a couple strips of cabbage and a tea spoon size portion of swede. it would have been difficult to get any more veg under the chicken, as it was about the size of a day old chick. certainly the smallest half chicken I have ever seen. the whole meal tasted as if it had been cooked in honey, even the gravy tasted of and had the consistency of honey. the meal was completely tasteless (apart from the honey), unsatisfying and unfulfilling. my girlfriend and I both said after eating the meal that we were still hungry. this surprised me as my girlfriend eats very little. eventually when arrived home had to cook a meal as both of us were still hungry. as it was late this is what we tried to avoid by eating on way home. am playing hockey that way again next month, but will certainly NOT be going anywhere near this place again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I went for a meal only this week and it was something different. The meal came out on what looked like a chopping board. I am sure that it has some fancy name for it but that's the bestbwaynto describe it. The chips came out in a cleaned out tin a bit like an old soup tin. It was something different for sure. It added bait of something differernt to the experience.

It has an old feel to the place which was quite nice.

The meal was good. I would say if you have a big appetites you might want to order another portion of the tin holding chips as you don't get many.

We went quite early 6pm and about half way through our meal it really piced up so you might be best booking a table.

There is lots of car parking round the back and they had a huge amount of tables outside which was good. No play area for the kids well not that I could see

Worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“What a pity.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant over the weekend for a friends party. I had not been before so did not know what to expect. It was a party of 20 people and the staff managed to cater for us well, the table was in a good place and all orders were taken in a good space of time. The menu is quite good but I could not decide what to have, nothing really called out to me. I opted for the hot buffalo wings, these were excellent. For main, I decided on the bbq glazed rump steak. This came out and to be honest, it was more like a fillet based on the size and thickness. The glaze was burnt on which made the outside very tough, it was also not cooked the way I wanted. I could have complained but it seemed I was the only one with something wrong, so did not want to cause a scene. Needless to say, I was nicely surprised when the bill came as it was very reasonable (along with a friends discount) it worked out a cheap evening. Drinks we did seperately which I think helped too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Harvester food in a nice building”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The building and gardens are lovely and the staff in the most part are friendly, beers and ales are well kept but the food is nothing great. Slightly better quality "push button, bing" style meals than a Harvester...

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham
“Great food, Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

the food was lovely, some more unusual items along with the old favourites.
The staff were helpful and the prices were good too.
If we are in the area again will be going back here!

Visited July 2013