“very nice accomodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tallow Beach Motel

You added Tallow Beach Motel to your Saves list
Tallow Beach Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   108 Alcorn Street, Suffolk Park, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481, Australia   |
Special Rate
SPECIAL WEEKLY RATE
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Suffolk Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“very nice accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We liked that we were out of the busiest part of the city yet not far from town center. Beach is just across quite local road. Nice swimmimg pool in a beautiful garden. Very kind owners, so all very good

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tallowbeach, Owner at Tallow Beach Motel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our motel. It can be the best of both worlds, being 5 mins out of the town and right at the beach, with just a quick drive into the rests/cafes and action if you wish. The beach has been just beautiful these past few days, crystal clear water.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights at Tallow Beach Motel in Suffolk Park. When I first saw the room I was astonished at how beautiful it was, and at how well it had been set up and decorated. The place itself was incredibly serene and peaceful, and I loved being there. It was just a short walk from the beach, and also was within walking distance to the shops (where I bought milk, fruit, and other basics). It is located a short drive from the town centre. A cleaner came by every day which was great for me, especially as I was staying with my young son. There was mainly carpet in the room which could potentially be an issue for small children who could spill something on the carpet. I didn't have a problem with my 2 year old son, and we ate in the kitchen area instead of on the carpet. When I first arrived, it was quite late and it was nice to find cans of drink in the fridge, and tea and coffee supplied. I enjoyed my stay here, and when I return to the area I hope there is a vacancy again at the Tallow Beach Motel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are located in a quiet area, and at a quiet motel. The location of the motel suits...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our motel. We are very pleased to read your comments and opinions, it helps to keep us "on our toes" so to speak and we look forward to welcoming you back here.
Thun, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Although a little outside Byron Bay, we consider this an insider tip for those who are seeking a relaxing, clean comfortable stayover in the region. The warm welcome and the very clean and quiet facilities are exactly what we were looking for. There is value for money as the spacious rooms offer erverything for comfortable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is always a pleasure having visitors from overseas stay with us. Australia is a long way from most place! We appreciate your comments and any feedback that can help with making your visit memorable. We also travel quite a bit and learn from our experiences staying in other places
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a great find in Byron area. Simple, tropical, comfortable accommodation. Has everything you need at a really good price and in pleasant surroundings. What a find. The owners are so friendly and helpful, it makes you feel good at the end of a busy day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your compliments, we try to help make your visit as pleasant as possible - it is a lovely area
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I spent nearly four weeks at Tallow Beach Motel and it was absolutely magnificent. The position directly opposite the beach was perfect. The gardens surrounds are very pretty and the rooms have everything you need for a perfect stay. My room had its own little court yard which was great sitting out at night relaxing after the beach.
I was made to feel very welcome and I would go back and stay there over and over.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words about our motel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us - the smaller rooms are great for a single person with its own courtyard. We hope that it is not too long before you come and stay with us again.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great place to stay and really friendly owners. When I went in to ring a cab she insisted on dropping us off for free, I have never know that before, it was like staying with a friend of the family.

The room is basic but it was very clean, comfortable, and great value. It's about $20+ in a taxi to Byron town but worth it to have some peach and quiet in a lovely location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

susie971, Owner at Tallow Beach Motel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thanks for staying with us and where possible, we are happy to take guests into town - there is a local bus service every 2 hrs. or so which picks up/drops off directly out the front of the motel, but doesn't run after 6.30pm. thanks for your appreciation and info about the taxi fare for other guests
Grafton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been staying here when travelling north for the last few years. I feel quite blessed to be able to recharge my batteries in this Balinese inspired little gem. I love the crisp white sheets, the tropical breeze and the green oasis I can see through my louvres. The pub is walking distance and you can grab a great curry and a chilled bottle on the way home. Susie is a very welcoming host.

Room Tip: Choose one with a sun room attached. This feels less like a bedroom and more like a chill out room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Great to read that you had time to chill out here. A walk across the road to the beach in the early morning is very uplifting and the bakery certainly does help with its great coffee and munchies. Thank you for staying with us and we look forwarding to your next return

Been to Tallow Beach Motel? Share your experiences!