I've stayed here twice, once for a work conference, and once for a girls weekend away with my daughter. The resort itself is very pretty, as is Byron Bay itself I suppose, but it must be said that it's a drive from anything, including Byron Bay, and unfortunately even a long walk from the beach.
Resort gardens aside, the rooms are a disappointment. Whilst they have balconies, they're enclosed with steel mesh, so the feeling is more prison than alfresco. The stone bath is a nice touch, but the remaining decor appears to have been pulled together on a budget and is poorly maintained. Walls are paper thin so my daughter and I spent a lot of time listening to the conversations of the group of 20 something's next door until the topic suggested that I whisk her away (in the car) to Byron for dinner. When we did dine in the restaurant it too was disappointing. No attempt at regional produce or apparent seasonality, the results of which were very hit and miss. My daughter liked the breakfast buffet, but the only enticing things to my eye were on the over priced a la carte menu.
The service was very laid back to the point of being comatose. Prior to and during my work related stay the organiser spoke strongly of the difficultly she had in working with them on the details, almost going so far as to cancel despite a hefty deposit.
Won't be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stylish design and architecture, the multi award winning Byron at Byron Resort and Spa is inspired by its pristine surroundings. Set within a stunning subtropical rainforest The Byron at Byron Resort provides an idyllic escape in a relaxed atmosphere whilst offering all the special touches you would expect. Relax on the wide open verandahs and admire the magnificent and unique rainforest canopy while enjoying warm and friendly service, great food and wine, all with a smile. The spacious resort comprises 92 one bedroom suites set within 45 acres so you truly have the space you need to unwind. Stroll the boardwalks to nearby Tallow Beach, enjoy daily yoga or simply retreat to the resort Spa for the ultimate indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byron At Byron Resort And Spa
- The Byron At Byron Hotel Byron Bay
- The Byron At Hotel
- The Byron At Resort
- The Byron At Byron Resort & Spa Suffolk Park, Byron Bay, Australia