If you have ever dreamt of an upscale resort that is not 'stuffy' where you can escape from the stress of the world and feel instantly at peace with yourself this is the place. I stayed at this wonderful resort, The Byron at Byron for a few days in April before heading on a business trip in Sydney. In all of my years of international travel I have never had such a relaxing few days away from the 'world'. Byron Bay is a 2 hour drive south of Brisbane or you can fly into the Gold Coast Airport (Coolangatta) or the even closer Ballinas airport. Flying time from Sydney is just one hour via Ballinas. There is an incredible aura about Byron Bay - they say this region has healing powers and you sense this when you arrive at this very special 90 room resort built into the rain forest, a 10 minutes walk from the pounding surf and vast sandy beaches of Australias east coast. You immediately start to feel more balanced, you think clearer and the stress just seems to melt away.
The guest rooms are large suites built into the rain forest, which you access along a boardwalk through the rain forest. Very well appointed with a bedroom, living room/dining area, kitchen, jetted tub and shower in the bathroom and a nice screened veranda with comfy lounge chairs looking into the rainforest. The resort has a beautiful, small spa with some of the best massage therapists I have experienced, a lovely infinity pool, excercise room, sauna and hot pools, and daily 8am yoga sessions that are free for all guests and everyone raves about. You can even have a Tarot Card reading, which is apparently a very 'Byron' thing and a really intesting experience as I had never done this before.
The resort serves superb cuisine combined with a relaxed ambience, very warm and engaging staff and best of all, two wonderful innkeepers John and Lyn Parche. They were always there for their guests and made everyone feel like family. Every hotelier should learn from John and Lyn as they know how to make you feel like the most important guest in the hotel even though you are just one of their many important guests!
This place is designed so that even if it is busy, you don't really feel it. And, they also allow children at the resort so makes this a wonderful upscale family experience, though they do have some times in the year that children are not permitted. They also have an open air conference area for small meetings and do small weddings.
The original surfing town of Byron Bay is just a 10 minute transfer away (the hotel can take you) and here you can see surfers, go swimming in the ocean, enjoy the town's quaint restaurants (I ate at Dish - it was excellent, but also The Balcony is quite good) and shops and pubs. Just put on your sandals, t-shirts and shorts or sundress and you will fit right into the Byron scene!
I will return, next time to share this amazing resort with my family. And hint - this is not a 2 night stay - you will be so upset with yourself if this is all you book for. 4 nights minimum to really start to relax and enjoy the Byron experience - better yet, I think 7 days is perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stylish design and architecture, the multi award winning Byron at Byron Resort and Spa is inspired by its pristine surroundings. Set within a stunning subtropical rainforest The Byron at Byron Resort provides an idyllic escape in a relaxed atmosphere whilst offering all the special touches you would expect. Relax on the wide open verandahs and admire the magnificent and unique rainforest canopy while enjoying warm and friendly service, great food and wine, all with a smile. The spacious resort comprises 92 one bedroom suites set within 45 acres so you truly have the space you need to unwind. Stroll the boardwalks to nearby Tallow Beach, enjoy daily yoga or simply retreat to the resort Spa for the ultimate indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byron At Byron Resort And Spa
- The Byron At Byron Hotel Byron Bay
- The Byron At Hotel
- The Byron At Resort
- The Byron At Byron Resort & Spa Suffolk Park, Byron Bay, Australia