Great resort located about 5 mins drive out of the main Byron township.
The resort is quite spread-out, however accommodation is across 2 general areas. One group sits close to the main resort facilities (spa, pool, restaurant), with the other group about 5 mins walk from the facilities, and a further 5 mins walk to the beach.
There are large board walks throughout the resort, allowing you to walk through the rainforest and enjoy it.
The resort pool looked great, but it was raining so we didn't try it. The restaurant and spa were both fabulous - for once it seems they werent after-thoughts, just a very high quality restaurant and high quality spa attached to accommodation. The spa was great (with the best massage I've had in a long while), with a chance to soak in a hot spa before going in for treatments. Restaurant served up great dinners, lots of local produce on the breakfast buffet and the staff went out of their way to help with meals for our daughter (including running meals through blenders etc).
Free yoga at 8am was good - more of a mid-level yoga. Mats provided.
Staff at every part of the resort were great - seemed to be genuinely interested and went out of their way to help us, chatting to us or keeping our daughter entertained. When we had a problem with the TV they were in our room within 5 mins getting it up and running again.
The room fittings were a bit tired. They were in the middle of refurbishing the resort, so hopefully this will be fixed soon. The room was a great size for us - bedroom, lounge, kitchenette (with washing machine and dishwasher). The bedroom is separated from the lounge by a sliding door, so if you are a light sleeper, it probably wont be private enough for you.
Bassinet and bedding were provided at a small cost. the big issue we had with the room was the bed was just too soft. It did cause a bit of a sore back for us, but the masseuse at the spa dealt with that quickly.
free wifi was patchy in the resort - if you are relying on it for work then you can use the cable broadband in the room.
Would really recommend this resort if you were looking to just get away from everything. No real need to leave the resort if you just want to chillax for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stylish design and architecture, the multi award winning Byron at Byron Resort and Spa is inspired by its pristine surroundings. Set within a stunning subtropical rainforest The Byron at Byron Resort provides an idyllic escape in a relaxed atmosphere whilst offering all the special touches you would expect. Relax on the wide open verandahs and admire the magnificent and unique rainforest canopy while enjoying warm and friendly service, great food and wine, all with a smile. The spacious resort comprises 92 one bedroom suites set within 45 acres so you truly have the space you need to unwind. Stroll the boardwalks to nearby Tallow Beach, enjoy daily yoga or simply retreat to the resort Spa for the ultimate indulgence. As 2015 rolls along and we enter our 11th year of operation, several important improvements are being undertaken which by year end will be completed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byron At Byron Resort And Spa
- The Byron At Byron Hotel Byron Bay
- The Byron At Hotel
- The Byron At Resort
- The Byron At Byron Resort & Spa Suffolk Park, Byron Bay, Australia