“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pennant Hills Waldorf Apartment Hotel

You added Pennant Hills Waldorf Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Pennant Hills Waldorf Apartment Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 City View Road, Pennant Hills, Hornsby, New South Wales 2120, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pennant Hills
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I agree with the other reviewers, this hotel represents great value. It's a bit far from the city, but then I didn't choose it. For the price, the place is clean, having a kitchen is really useful. The apartment was more than warm enough and the staff are really friendly and helpful, as well as flexible which is so lovely to experience.

Room Tip: The rooms that do not face Pennant Hills Road are far quieter. Request a room closer to reception as...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Frankston, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Tis hotel is huge and when it was built, which I suggest wain the 70s would have been quite the place but today it is tired and a little tatty. The rooms certainly are adequate and have all you need but they are a little tired. We got a king size bed , which was good, the restaurant in the lobby is Indian and the food was excellent.. So all in all a positive experience

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

After a long day of driving to the Blue Mountains from Sydney and back we got a bit lost and pulled into a place with internet and booked the closet accommodation to us. Having a small child when they need a place to sleep you get them a place to sleep!

Arriving 20mins later the reservation was there, but the system shouldn't have let the booking through as it was after hours. The staff were a little rushed of their feet but got a room ready without us waiting any more.

The location is not ideal but it is more for conferences and business meetings

The room was great for a small family

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

housekeeping is once a week, but you can ask them for towels/toiletries at any time, or pay extra for more regular cleaning. Close to a busy road but our room was on the opposite side and was very quiet. About a 6min walk to the railway station. There is a Coles supermarket about 6mins walk. Would recommend.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

In Brief:

Stayed here two nights. It was so poor that I was thinking of staying on a friend's couch the second night and just forfeit my second nights cost.

PROS
Location (for Hills District)
Shower (Strong)

CONS
Noisy
Hard Beds
Dirty
Old TV
Leads on floor
Unkempt
Lacklust management

For those who want more details:

NOISY
I use to live in the area for many years and I believe that Pennant Hills Rd has more trucks travel down it than any other metropolitan road in Australia (sure someone will correct me). However for the convenience of its location (I had business in the Hills District of Sydney) I chose to stay here. However I requested a room on City View Road (quiet side). The room I got was bottom floor on the corner of City View and Pennant Hills Rd - couldn't have a pick a nosier room. Complained to the Manager and he checked my booking (4 days earlier) and admitted that my request for a quite room were there - but he could not ascertain if my request was taken into consideration or not. He admitted that he had never been into my room "ever" and did not know how bad it was! He asked me if I want to stay (they were booked out- but considering it was 7pm on a Sunday night, I did not like my chances of finding something elsewhere. He complained to me (a bit of shock to me) that he didn't like working there (having to deal with so many complaints) and that he was temporary. For this reason, I did not complain again to him. I thought that I would leave it for a couple of weeks to calm down before writing this review.

HARD BEDS
Rock hard. Two singles pushed together to make a King. I think that the dirty carpets may have been softer. My wife ended up crashing on the lounge the next day and was contemplating sleep there that night, except for the filth. Hard Beds with the noise of trucks rumbling past every minute after 4am makes this the worst sleep for $174p/n.

DIRTY
The balcony looks like it has not been cleaned in years. You can see for the dirt the pollution that this room is exposed to from it closeness to the busy road. As you can see in the photos, the carpets were filthy around the edges - looked like mould or could be pollution smog. The hotel just gave the look of a quick wipe over, not real deep cleaning has occurred in many years. Also unless you pay a cleaning fee of $40 per stay, you room only gets serviced weekly, even if you are there for two nights.

OLD TV
The TV was an old CRT 68cm TV. In post 2010 and the days of Digital TV Signals, this is a joke. Sound kept on hunting low and high. Hotel advertised FOXTEL, but only the most basic of basic of services. My free to view at home had more channels to select from. I would not waste the money on buying a foxtel movie as the TV quality would have ruined it. It not like I'm paying for a hostel - I think that $174p/n should give a reason level of facilities

LEADS on the FLOOR
The leads are for the TV and run directly behind the Dining Table. Very unsightly, but a OHS Trip hazard at the very least. They were too short to follow the skirting board. For a hostel, even a B&B, its quaint. For a International hotel chain, its contempt of its customers and not worth the $174p/n

UNKEMPT
As the epitome of the place, I thought that the half removed sticker on the Fridge summed up the attitude of the hotel staff in general - "I'll give it a try, but if I can't succeed, just move on"!

VALUE FOR MONEY
I think for overnighter I think that the room should be serviced with at least new coffees and a quick wipe over as $174p/n I think is not loose change. Poor TV, Noisy, Unkempt - for my $350 I just got the basic highway motel in the country that you pay $79p/n, but that would be discrediting those highway motels, at least the owner/manager is committed to his business!

LACKLUSTER MANAGEMENT
It is Management job to get off your bum and do random checks of rooms (cleanliness and facilities). The only place I saw the Manager was at the reception, or down in the basement parking lot have a cigarette. He had no answers, he looked depressed and as he was moving on, I chose not to burden him further more!

Room Tip: Ask for a City View side room top floor, but I think that your request will be ignored unless you c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

cool place,very close to the railway station.modern apartment hotel accommodation,free parking.good breakfast.good facilities

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Canberra Aust
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

A well-maintained property and the best of those currently operating in the Pennant Hills/Thornleigh/Wahroonga areas. It is only a five minute drive from the Sydney Adventist Hospital and Abbotsleigh, Barker and Knox colleges. We had a studio apartment which was comprised a decent sized room with king size bed and a well equipped kitchenette (including fridge and dishwasher). The room itself was spotlessly clean and we spent a very comfortable night. Another bonus was the ample underground parking. Whilst the hotel is not ideally placed for city sightseeing, it is only a five minute walk from the railway station and the main line into the city. Eating out is not a problem as there are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby. The property is non-smoking however each floor has a balcony for smokers.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Pennant Hills road are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pennant Hills Waldorf Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!