This hotel was recommended to me because I had a very early morning departure from Zurich the following morning. The location is excellent for that purpose, but it's the only reason I'd ever consider staying there again.
The room was dated and not very clean. As an example, there was a large orange colored bench up against the wall under the television set that I assume was intended as a place to put luggage. It had a huge stain on it and was generally dirty. Bathroom floors were also very worn looking, again to the point of looking like they weren't clean. There was a window between the bathroom shower and the main part of the unit, so anyone wanting privacy while taking a shower had better be alone. Although, the hotel had taped (literally with transparent tape) brown paper on the window to provide privacy. I wouldn't expect that in a Motel 6, let alone in a $300+ a night hotel in Zurich. Lastly, I requested a morning wake-up call, which never occurred. I could have missed my flight had I not set an iPhone backup alarm. 2 star hotel at best, but 5 star location in airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport is located just a few steps away from the arrival and departure areas of Zurich Airport. This enables the guest to be at the check-in area within minutes. Guests can also benefit from 69 parking spaces with direct access to the 8th floor. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport provides its guests 4018m2 of meeting and event space consisting of 52 Meeting and Board Rooms spread over three floors. The hotel offers Switzerland's most comprehensive range of services for multi-day conventions and conferences, as well as for smaller meetings lasting from a few hours up to a whole day. The hotel's largest room - ballroom - 'Zurich', located on the first floor with an area of 800m2, can be divided into four sections and can host up to 600 people. The spacious foyer has a spectacular view overlooking the Wine Tower.Modern hotel design in a class of its own, in the styles 'Chic', 'Fresh' and 'At Home' offered by the 330 hotel guest rooms which include the six one-bedroom 'Charme' suites and the spacious presidential suite.A spectacular highlight in the atrium lobby is the 16-meter high Wine Tower itself, which can be stocked with up to 4000 bottles of wine and champagne. All meeting delegates and hotel residents enjoy free high speed internet access in the whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Rezidor, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport Hotel Opfikon
- zürich Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich, Switzerland