“not cheap but great food” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Blue Elephant is a tranquil oasis of waterfalls, luscious greenery and tropical flowers. Smiling, friendly staff and the best Royal Thai Cuisine in Malta guarantees a memorable visit. Fresh fruits and herbs and also tons of orchids are flown in weekly direct from Thailand. Blue Elephant Malta offers you the possibility to reserve your own special space in this magnificent restaurant. Here you can surprise your guests in a unique atmosphere in our private huts. Blue Elephant can cater for a variety of occasions such as: Intimate Dining, Private Parties, Wedding Parties, Conference Dinners and many others….From the moment you step in the restaurant, you will be transported to the lands of the East. The waterfall, the landscaping and the seating will certainly carry you far, far away. Savour mouth-watering delicacies prepared from authentic Thai ingredients and forgotten centuries old recipes from the Royal Palace.
Attard, Malta
“not cheap but great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great night out with som foreign visitors, ambience was great and sophisticated, wine was excellent however a little over priced, food fresh and tasty, staff was just fantastic.

Visited September 2012
MaltaHilton, Manager at Blue Elephant, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Joseph A,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your meal here at our Blue Elephant restaurant. I am glad that you had such a positive experience, your kind comments will, of course, be shared with the entire team.
Although we are towards the higher end of the pricing scale on the island I do believe we offer great value for money.
Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Marsascala, Malta
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I wanted to take my wife somewhere special for her birthday and decided to take her to the Blue Elephant. I did not regret my decision as the restaurant is excellent. The food is of excellent quality and the ambiance is just as good. I have no complaints whatsoever as the staff too were very courteous and polite. It is suitable for family, groups and couples. We had a wonderful evening and hope to go again in the future.

A good tip for visitors - parking in the Portomaso car park is free when eating here, be sure to give them your car park ticket on the way out ;-)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MaltaHilton, Manager at Blue Elephant, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear KennDT,
Thank you for posting such a positive review after your visit to our Blue Elephant restaurant. Your comments about the food quality and our team members are most appreciated and I look forward to sharing them with the entire team.
We hope to see you again soon.
MALTA
“Asian dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The restaurant is too big for a romantic evening and in my opinion not ideal for families or large groups of friends. I was not impressed with the food and although the waiting staff were friendly they were too busy to offer individual attention. The views are great though. And parking at the Hilton underground is very convenient.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Herman C,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our Blue Elephant restaurant. I note from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your experience. Although I would like to think that all our customers enjoy their visit to the restaurant and leave willing to return, I am realistic and realise that it’s not possible to appeal to everyone all of the time.
Thank you for your comments which will be shared with the team.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worthy of your night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I am always skeptical of a restaurant in a hotel, especially in a "resort" area, however, Blue Elephant is one of those exceptions that does not disapoint.

The decor runs dangerously close to Disney World theme park, but pulls it off and creates a calm and intimate space that compliments the cuisine. Start off with one of their specialty cocktails in the bar area while you wait for your table.

I started with the house duck spring rolls and sweet & sour sauce. Its avrich and meaty duck flavor served flat in an envelope, not the usual spring roll I'm used to where is round and stuffed with a vegetable filler. 4 arge pieces makes it a great appetizer to share with the table.

I went with a "hot" (2 elephants) beef curry. I'm farly sensitive to heat, so i thought this was going to be pushing my limits. Instead, i found a very mild heat but a great flavor profile. Nicely cooked chunks of zucchini and eggplant compliment the thin and flavorful strips of beef.

The stir fried vegetable platter consisted of snow peas, asparagas, broccolli, bean sprouts and chinese cabbage in a light brown broth. I don't know if this is an authentic Thai dish, but it was delish. I had no problem finishing the whole plate, even though itz's a side portion sized to share with the whole table.

For dessert, i opted for the coconut custard. Again, I don't know how authentic this dish is as it was basically a coconut flavored flan with a mango gelato served next to it. You can taste the creaminess of the ricotta in the custard and the coconut is a very subtle flavor. I coulld have done with a different flavor of gelato, or fresh mango as mango takes on an almost synthetic taste when it's processed, but overall it's still a nice dish to order.

The service here is excellent. The staff is friendly and checks in with the table at least once halfway through and asks again as they clear the plates avout how you like the meal. The flow from course to course was timed nicely and the dishes came out fairly fast. Several waiters and servers helped my table, and each was friendly, polite, and seemed genuinly concerned with how I was enjoying my meal.

I'm the first to sugges going local and avoiding hotel outlets, but this little gem should be put on your list of places to eat while here, it's worthy of your night out.

Dear RonH,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review and for your recommendation. It’s always great to receive feedback from our customers like this and I do hope that you visit us again in the not too distant future.

Island of Malta, Malta
“Glad i've been there... only 1 bad thing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great service, great food and lovely ambiance... Deserves a visit.. The only bad thing is there are no elephants :(

Visited December 2012
Dear Owen F,
Thank you for your positive review. I’m glad you enjoyed your evening at the Blue Elephant and we do hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks once again.