“Excellent food, service & organisation for a special occasion” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 202 restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood
Andover, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service & organisation for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We live in the UK but chose to get married here, on the front balcony at the end of June. The organisation prior to the event was first rate and all our requests were dealt with promptly and proffesionally.
The balcony is a beautiful setting for a special occasion or meal. On the day itself everything went excatly as we had hoped, the staff were very attentive to the needs of us and our guests, nothing was too much trouble.
The food was fantastic and equally good across seafood, vegetarian and dessert dishes.
I would definately recommend Barracuda for meals or special celebrations, we will definately return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Mellieha, Malta
“Great good, fantastic service and a wonderful view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My partner took me to Barracuda Restaurant as a special treat for my birthday and I have to say I was very impressed! The location is just amazing, situated in beautiful Balluta, Sliema, having fantastic views of St. Julians and the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. We had reserved a table so we had one of the best seats in the place for the evening, a small private balcony corner. The servers were all extremely friendly and helpful. I am a coeliac so I am always weary of restaurant food. Even so, all were very well informed about the condition and I was informed that gluten free pasta is also available for the meal. I was even given some gluten free panini to start off with!! The food was extremely tasty, all seafood based in our case. The octopus and potato salad was delicious and the main course (a seafood platter to share) was divine. It was a fantastic experience, very romantic and scenic. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion. Pricing was actually quite reasonable. We were charged 111.00 euro (X 2 people) and that included starters, a main course, deserts and a bottle of fantastic Italian wine which was recommended by our server, Ali. Would visit again in a heartbeat :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stavanger, Norway
“Seafood orgy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were told to go to Barracuda when we ask for recommendation. We had the Seafood platter for two. 2 sorts of Fish, mussels, king prawns, squid, octopus and langoustine were on the plate. Except squid the others were tasty. Especially fish and deep fried mussels. Squid was very hard and chewy. If you wish to enjoy the exceptional view of the sea you must reserve a table ahead of time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not that Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I visited the restaurant last night to celebrate our 27th anniversary. We selected the restaurant for its location on the water and excellent reviews on Tripadvisor.
What a disappointment starting with the selection of available wine. The selection for white wine is outdated with years 2010 or earlier featuring. Not a single bottle of the latest crops?
The service was very average. My perception was that the restaurant has a good system with a waiter allocated to every table and two ladies helping them with diverse requests that the guests may have. Our waiter did not make any contribution to help with selecting our orders and simply took the order and collected the payment. When we asked his female assistants for salt or tooth-picks they said yes, disappeared, but did not return with the salt or tooth-picks. Frustrating and annoying.

The food was very average and totally overpriced taking into account what was served. My wife ordered Scallops as a starter at €17. She received 4 scallops which were definitely not fresh but frozen and simply not nice to eat. My starter the muscles was nice and well priced. We shared the Seafood platter as a main course and again a total disappointment at €48.

The location is great and if that is all you want you will enjoy this restaurant as their location is truly great and unbeatable. If it is good food and service you are after then rather go somewhere else. I will not go back.

Visited June 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Birthday dinner extraordinaire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Perfect on the water location and ambience for a romantic evening. Service was fantastic, food excellent, wine list expensive. Birthday cake spectacular which we took back to hotel and shared with staff. Fish sea bream really great, mussels also great.

Visited June 2013