“Nothing to complain, wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Valentina

You added Hotel Valentina to your Saves list
Hotel Valentina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dobbie Street, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta STJ 3070, Malta   |
Special Offer
Free Stocked Mini Bar
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Saint Julian's
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to complain, wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

stayed three nights. Employees were so kind from the time I made booking. The room was clean, bed was so comfortable, and free WiFi is available. I used the underground parking to park a rent car for free of charge. It is very difficult to find room for improvements.

One thing for those who wants to stay quiet rooms. On Friday and Saturday night, it was bit noisy outside. I did not mind the noise so much as I could sleep well, but for some people, it would be something that they can not ignore.

Better to book via website of the hotel rather than via booking sites as you may take advantage of discounts and other benefits available only for bookings via website.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Turkish first
Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked this hotel after reading tripadvisor reviews. My wife and I were not disappointed. We were greeted in a very friendly way and the staff at reception could not have been more helpful. Our room was on the second floor. It was modern with very attractive decor, spotless and quiet - and It was kept spotless for the time we were there. The breakfast each morning was more than adequate with a good range and variety of food, very well presented. I particularly enjoyed the scrabled egg which was the best I've tasted for a long time - cooked just the right amount. The restaurant just over the road, owned by the hotel, also served a good variety of food, well presented and cooked at very reasonable prices.
We paid a little more for a double room and the bed was very comfortable. If i have any criticism these days is that a duvet is always supplied so there is no way of adjusting the weight of the covering. We always have the same trouble - I sleep with a very light covering while my wife needs loads. She was fine, I was too hot.
A very pleasant and happy experience and I have no hesitation to recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room 202 was great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very modern boutique hotel, really enjoyed my stay. Several people told us the area has a reputation for being loud and nois but we found the hotel and the street it is on very quiet.

Breakfast is very nice and served in the hotel, the restaurant associated with the hotel is also very good but about 100 yards/meters up the street and around a corner. The food was excellent and well priced.

The bedrooms are quite small but don't feel cramped because of the layout. The beds were comfortable.

I stayed there because of the high Trip Advisor rating and it was accurate ! It is my new favorite hotel in Malta !

The hotel can organize a taxi pickup from the airport, which is excellent and very good value. We used the hotel's taxi service almost every day and it was about half the price of the normal "white taxi" service. We actually skipped hiring a car while there !

The pool is weird/cool looking ! I didn't try it in January, but I imagine it is like swimming in a fish bowl. The edge of the pool is glass. It was clean, but small and on the roof. It would make me nervous if I had my children there. The glass boundary wall next to the pool/at the edge of the building is not very high, I guess in order to give a good view. There is a sun deck and a bar that is open in season.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tripoli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for four nights from 26-01 to 30-01 -2014 . the room fullfils every one needs in a hotel room 42inch flat tv, aketil for tea or coffe making, the lighting of the room is verey verery good , the dicoration of the room is excellent, allso the furniture of the room, the cleanless of the room is excellent, the sttaf is friendly,breakfast is excellent, the room has a nice small balcony, I recommend this hotel and if i come back I will certainly come here

Room Tip: the hotel itself is a TIP
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

all in all, a very good experience. Januray is runing usually low in Malta, I enjoyed an upgrade to a superior room, which makes it even more value for the Euro. The entire Hotel is very modern and stylish, Clean, Service friendly. I was in more than 20 Hotels in Malta, this is my favourite now.

Room Tip: Teh restuarant is not in the hotel, but less than 100 away. Also a good impression, manylocal there.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just stayed here for three nights for a surprise birthdy party, we usually stay at the Hilton but the reviews were so good on Trip Advisor thought we'd try it.
We arrived late on Thursday night 23rd Jan and were dealt with immediately by reception.
Hotel foyer very impressive and immaculately clean at all times.
We took one of the three lifts to the third floor and located our room straight away. The room number displays are wel lit and easy to find. The security key option when using the lifts and opening room doors ensures no uninvited people can access rooms.
We had a double room with balcony, which was plenty big enough and very well furnished.
King size bed. lots of lighting options, enough coat hangers (when ladies are travelling together this is very important). There was a seperate toilet and shower room which were cleverly housed in the decorations. Excellent standards of cleanliness and supply of toiletries. Information booklets and Avenue menus would make it easy for new visitors to the Island, but we have been lots of times so didnt need them.
The breakfast was quite good and there was sufficient choice. Plenty of coffee and tea and every day, we requested different eggs to the ones on display and they were brought straight away with no bother at all.
The bar area is lovely and very well stocked. The drinks we had mixed, were perfect.
My travelling companion is a smoker and there are plenty of smoking areas within the hotel grounds.
We checked out the pool area, but obviously this was not in use in January. It was again spotlessly clean and has a really nice bar area. Although we were staying in Paceville on a weekend, once we had closed the balcony doors we couldnt here any outside noise.
I would certainly recommend this boutique hotel as a place to stay in Malta. Very near to the bus stops and plenty of good walks close by.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed for five nights in January. Very clean, modern hotel in a quiet side street in Paceville. Service was very good, especially from the bar and front desk. Easy transport connections - Malta has an amazing bus service - 1.50 euro all day for all routes. Paceville and St Julien's is very built up. But get to Mdina (hour on bus) and up to the ferry for Gozo (just over the hour) to visit the smaller island for some countryside.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Valentina? Share your experiences!