“The weakest part was the meat” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 212 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Malta's first meat boutique. With the finest selection of beef, lamb, poultry, pork and fish steaks to choose from, the menu is marked by culinary innovation and whimsical creativity. Freshly prepared salads and pasta are also available for light lunches and dinners.
“The weakest part was the meat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The welcoming wasn't very welcoming and we had the impression that the waitress would rather have been somewhere else.

Food started out well with good bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Raising the expectations for the rest of the meal.

A meat platter of good quality was our starter and it increased our expectations.

But.. Then came the meat. Tasteless chicken, pink pork, badly cut meat served medium-well when we had asked for medium-rare and pork belly that was undercooked fat.

Took a long time to get the bill even though we were only one of maybe five tables seated.

Then a longer wait to pay, we gave up after 10-15 minutes and payed in the bar.

Not recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our meal 2 years ago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

2 years ago we ate here and it was amazing

they squeezed me and my partner in on a busy Saturday night even though we had no booking the food was amazing but the service was a tad slow but it was a really busy night in the height of the season so this can be forgiven

having read recent reviews has this place changed hands?? im not sure why it is getting bad reviews the experience we had was great

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Overpriced!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Well, had high expectations, wish I'd read the reviews here. My 35 euro large fillet was undercooked to my request and a very poor cut. For somewhere that specialises in meat it couldn't be more wrong. Did say it wasn't good. Did anyone care?? On the plus side my partners steak was good. Such a shame as setting was nice

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Julian's, Malta
“For the price, I expected better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My parents were visiting and my dad loves a good steak, so my friend recommended I take them to Meat and Co. I loved the decor, the view and the staff were very nice indeed. The menu was pricey, but you expect it from a good quality steak house. I ordered my fillet steak medium rare, which is how it came, however the outside was burnt and tasted of charcoal. I also got about 5 chips on my plate which were cold and the peppercorn sauce that I ordered couldn't have been more than 3 teaspoons worth of sauce. We also had a good 10 minute wait from the time they brought out my mother's food to when the rest of the food came, resulting in hers getting cold. People always think I'm crazy when I say that the fillet steak at The Avenue restaurant in Paceville is the best I've ever had, but so far, it rates better than any of the 'high quality' steak houses in Malta including The Chop House as well.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roscommon, Ireland
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We chose this restaurant on what was our last night in Malta, decided to spurge a little because it was so. What a big disappointment.

We had a fairly large party, 7 of us not huge, and one child, who only order a portion of chips. There was only one starter and 7 mains and the portion of chips, we waited 1 hour and 10 minutes from when our order went into the kitchen until we received our main meals. 5 of which arrived then, which were the steaks, the two others in our party ordered the fish special of the day which arrived about 10 minutes after the steak orders because they had to come from another neighbouring restaurant?? Then eventually the chips arrived for the 4 year old child which were inedible as they were frozen chips that weren't cooked fully.

My own steak was also inedible, and when I complained to the manager he argued with me, blamed our 'large party' on the delays and made excuses about the fish having to be brought from another restaurant.

This was by far the worst dining experience I have ever had anywhere. We should have walked out and gone to McDonald's across the road, we would have had a better meal, at least the food would have been hot, cooked correctly and edible.

• Visited April 2014