“Lovely hotel, shame about the weather!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien St. Julians

You added Le Meridien St. Julians to your Saves list
Le Meridien St. Julians
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Main Street, Balluta Bay, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta STJ 1017, Malta   |
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Saint Julian's
hessle
“Lovely hotel, shame about the weather!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights, room was upgraded to junior suite. Shame the indoor pool closed for 6 days whilst we were there as the weather was too cold and wet to enjoy the outdoor pool. Food was excellent, we were on half board, with a special mention to chef Luke who made us a special pudding on one evening. He is a very pleasant young man always willing to stop and chat even though I am sure he must be busy most of the day.
Had a spa treatment whilst there which again was really good.
Lifts are still being upgraded as mentioned by others but it only caused us problems a couple of times, over all I would return to the hotel but maybe not as early in the year

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear JillymacHull,

First and foremost let me take this opportunity to thank you for your valued custom and for choosing Le Méridien St. Julians Hotel and Spa.

I am happy to read that our food and beverage services were up to your satisfaction and that Luke has aided in making your stay at our property a memorable one.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back amongst us, do not hesitate to contact me directly by email which is available on our official website for any requests that you may have.

Kind regards,

Guest Experience Ambassador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in March, which is the low season in Malta so it was fairly quiet.

The hotel is very large and because it is built onto the cliff face of St Julian's has direct elevator access from the rooms down to the sea front promenade at level zero, whilst reception is up on level three and the restaurant on level two.

The hotel is kept very clean and is well located with a 10 - 15 minutes walk to Paceville where a lot of bars and restaurants can be found.

On the downside the hotel indoor swimming pool had been closed at short notice just before our arrival so they could carry out some emergency repair works and the roof top swimming pool is closed in low season. As compensation they were offering free wifi internet in the rooms and we were able to upgrade the rooms to ocean view - the first rooms we were allocated had views over the top of roofs!

Secondly they are in the process of replacing the elevators with new touch screen controlled ones. The touch screens are not exactly iPads and it is easy to press for the wrong floor several times - very frustrating! Also the touch screen would occasionally inform you that a lift could not be allocated, which normally happened when many people were using them so you would be left standing there for a few minutes until the problem cleared itself. They need to get that solved before the much busier high season - the receptionist said they were working on it.

Overall I would call the hotel a reasonable 4 star but we won't be returning.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Misiu1980,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

On behalf of the whole team I do want to personally apologize for the inconveniences that were caused during your stay at our property.

With regards to the lifts, I am disappointed to read that our two newly renovated lifts were not up to your satisfaction. As one can appreciate the software that is currently operating two out of the four lifts is the latest technology available in the hospitality industry. I do sincerely apologize that they have caused an inconvenience while staying with us.

I do want to further apologize for the emergency closure of our indoor pool. As explained by our members of staff we had massive leakages coming from the pool and therefore it had to be closed with immediate effect. Furthermore I do sincerely apologize that the compensation offered from our side was not up to your satisfaction.

I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back at Le Méridien St. Julians Hotel and Spa. Feel free to contact me directly by email (available on our official website) should you wish to provide me with further feedback.

Warm regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights and was really impressed with the " suite" we had . Separate toilet is a great idea and as for the king size bed, sheer comfort. Free Internet only in the foyer( what is it with 5 star hotels that charge what is really a basic item nowadays) . But recommend this as being quite well located in the area. A short walk to the main cafe area makes it even better

Room Tip: Get onto last minute.com etc to get real value
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear ColingUnther,

Thank you for the positive review regarding your stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

As accurately commented the property’s location makes it easy for each guest to make the most out of their trip, being business or leisure.

Thank you once again, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back amongst us.

Best regards,

Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This Hotel is located in the heart of a beatifull village but away from distractions and noise . The staff are always willing to help you out anytime.The catering was of good quality coupled with exelent service.
I will organise another event hands down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear JohnCamilleri,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the positive comments regarding the event that we hosted for you.

It was our pleasure having you with us. Both the events and food & beverage associates have been informed about this review.

Warmest regards,

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stopped at the Meridien St. Julians for one night. My room was very spacious and nicely furnished with a view on the bay.

I used free Wi-Fi in the lobby to connect to the Internet - worked flawlessly. My colleague and I had an enjoyable drink and evening snack in the hotel bar. I would definitely recommend that if you don't want to go out (we didn't - it was raining cats and dogs). Breakfast was very good - I had a freshly made omelette prepared by a friendly chef.

I liked the atmosphere of the hotel - relaxed and friendly. I would definitely return when I visit Malta again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear PrincePolo,

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your experience at our property.

It is a pleasure to read that our services were up to your satisfaction. The comment was communicated with the entire team.

All of us at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa are looking forward to welcoming you back with us.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel was a good choice as it was tranquil and nice. The spa and leisure centre were great also. Only complaint which is beyond the hotels control was the building taking place at the time it started really early and was rather dusty.
Overall the service was good food was good room nice and spacious and staff extremely attentive and helpful would return and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Globetrotter201026,

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback regarding your latest stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa with us and other fellow travelers.

Our members of staff do make their very best to provide an excellent service to our valued guests.

Thank you once again, the entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back with us.

Kind regards,

uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night while on a business trip. Check-in was smooth but a bit long winded. I tried to take the elevator but this was an enfuriating experrience and I opted to carry my luggage up the stairs instead. The elevator has no buttons inside and has a digital panel outside where you are supposed to pick the floor you wish to take. I ended up going to floor 6, 5 and then back to 3 despite wishing to be on floor 4. The hotel know they have an issue with the elevators and offered free wifi as compensation which in my opinion should be free anyway with the cost of the rooms.

Initially I was put on floor 4 which I discovered was the smoking floor as soon as I opened my door. I could not stay in this room, so I was offered another room on floor 7 which was very nice and had a great view of the harbour.

Breakfast was good, the quality of the food was fine and the selection was very good.

Room Tip: Avoid floor 4 which is all smoking rooms...I didnt even know hotels had this anymore.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear j100_99,

On behalf of the whole team I want to genuinely apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay at our property.

On the other hand I do want to thank you for the positive feedback and for sharing your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments have been communicated with the team members concerned.

Warm regards,

Guest Experience Ambassador

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!