We went to the meridien in May for a friends 50th birthday, we only went for 3 nights but this turned into 7 as we were stuck due to the ash cloud, we were in the intercontinental hotel for the extra 4 nights, which was also a good hotel.
The rooms were very roomy and very clean.
We were only on a b&b basis so I can only comment on breakfast, the breakfast was plentiful and very good, however, on the Saturday and Sunday it was very busy due to all the weekend visitors.
People say in some reviews that the staff are not polite, however, in my opinion you reap what you sow, all the staff that we dealt with were courteous and polite and very helpful. There was however a number of guests who obviously think that please and thankyou is beyond them, you can't expect expect staff to be gushing if you can't show them some degree of politeness and respect.
A restaurant I would recommend in St Julians is 1927 and also a visit to Bezz Cafe is well worthwhile, great cocktails and very reasonably priced. You will find Bezz cafe on the sea front but you will need to look closely for it.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay in the meridien. Oh and the massages are wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the fashionable and architecturally rich Balluta Bay, bordering the cosmopolitan town of Sliema, the hotel embraces the Maltese way of living by celebrating its diverse culture with a new perspective. The contemporary design of this seaside hotel stimulates creative minds. The concierge team shares its secrets for unrivaled experiences around the island of Malta or you may join in the artistic, cultural and culinary initiatives being held at the hotel all year round. The hotel is perfectly and centrally located on a stimulating journey to discover Malta's unique treasures. With impressive Spa facilities in a beautiful tropical setting, a holistic approach is given to your relaxing experience. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting), 24h room service and daily happy hour at the bar. Part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta