We were booked into Suites on Malta through Interval International on a 'Getaway' and found that the Diamond Suites were part of the Intercontinental Hotel in St Julians, Malta.
The place was fabulous on entry with a lovely lounge and reception. We arrived in the night which was not a problem for the hotel. The concierge took our luggage to our room on a large trolley which was really helpful.
We were in suite 570 which is very spacious. One bedroom with very comfy bed and large bathroom attached. In the lounge was a sofabed for the kids and another bathroom off the kitchen area. We had a flat screen tv in the lounge and the bedroom which was useful when we wanted to watch the news and the kids wanted Nickolodeon.
Unfortunately, on arrival, there was no bedding provided for the kids on the sofa bed but the housekeeping dept quickly rectified the situation and helped make up the bed.
In the morning we discovered that we had the smallest balcony only big enough for 2 chairs. The other balconies were slightly larger and fitted 4 chairs. We overlooked the Eden Cinema and bowling complex which was very noisy at night and not a pretty view in the day either. We requested to move but Interval were unable to do this as the vacant appartments had not been banked by the owners and so may have arrived at any time.
If we go here again, we would definitely request a garden view balcony and apartment.
The facilities in the hotel were great. There was a huge gym which my husband used daily, an indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna. The kids loved the indoor pool when it was too breezy outside and there were loungers all around to sit and relax. Towels are provided both at the indoor and outdoor pools which saved us bringing any with us.
The food is excellent in all the hotels restaurants and as a Diamond resort member/Interval member, we received 20% off all our bills in the restaurants! Even room service which was such a treat one night!
The hotel also has its own little beach 2 minutes down the road and again the towels are provided and there is no charge for the use of beds and umbrella. Not a large beach if the children want to play but good for relaxing and reading a book.
All in all, this is a fabulous resort and the children didn't want to leave to come home. We would go again but request a garden view room. Shame it doesn't have tennis courts but we used the courts of a neighbouring hotel which was good.
We had a lovely holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta