My wife & I stayed here for 5 nights (June 3rd to 7th incl.), we flew from Dublin via Frankfurt with Lufthansa and when we arrived at Malta we were without our luggage. We are ambassador members and when we explained our misfortune at check in we were upgraded to a suite (we had reserved a club room), the concierge staff from then on dealt with Lufthansa on our behalf. The room (2 rooms, bedroom & lounge together with a large ensuite and lavatory off the hallway) was everything you would expect of an IC hotel. Excellent A/c which we needed. The club lounge was superb, the breakfast had all the usual fare and very well presented. We dined at 3 of the hotels restaurants and all were to a high standard, the main restaurant (it was an asian theme night the night we dined), Waterbiscuit (recently opened and excellent, good value) & Paranga (wonderful setting and excellent food v price ratio. I agree with other reviewers that the area may not be as salubrious as other locations (a lot of bars and clubs for the 20/30 somethings) but looks can be deceiving and same did not take away from the tranquility of the hotel. The pool is located on the rooftop and covers a large area, ample sun loungers are available and the pool bar/restaurant serves good quality food at a reasonable prices. The spa is outsourced to an other company (mainly run by russian and eastern european folk - probably a tad over priced for whats on offer, the russian staff can be quite pushy!!) We availed on the hotel car with regard to airport transfers at €22 each way it was hassle free. We were invited to the managers reception (05/06) at the Waterbiscuit restaurtant to celebrate the opening of same, it was a nice touch. The one abiding aspect I took away from this hotel was the STAFF, from door to housekeeping and all grades of managers, each and everyone was pleasant & polite, no question or request was a bother and handled in an efficient manner. We have no hesitation recommending this property and look forward to returning sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta