I have just returned from a 7 night stay at this hotel. I booked this for my husband and I and our 2 children, ages 5 & 10.. After booking, I made the mistake of reading the reviews and have to say, I was close to cancelling it. This was a cheap & cheerful deal, all inclusive in a Superior Room with pool view.
We usually do cruising, and stay in luxury hotels so are used to the finer things. Our family have a Boat in a marina close by, so we just wanted to use this as a base really.
We arrived at 11am, we checked in at St Georges and was told we were staying In the La Valletta hotel next door. Once checked in, which was all done quickly, we got our key and went to our room on the 7th floor. First impressions, It wasn't looking good. It got worse when I opened the door to a room with a ridiculously horrible kitchenette, 2 single beds and a bunk bed that had seen better days... I went straight back to reception to complain. I had booked a Superior room overlooking the pool with 2 double beds. The young lady on reception was really helpful, she told me this was a studio apartment we were in and I explained that we had booked a superior room with 2 double beds - after 2 reception staff & a manager (also to be told the hotel doesnt have rooms with 2 double beds in!!! ) - I was given a key to room 4019.. Which when we got there was a large room with a pool view, a large wardrobe area, and 2 double beds... The room was clean, the sheets were clean, the bathroom was clean!! We decided things were looking up.... Don't get me wrong, it's a tired room, but it was clean.. We quickly unpacked and went to the pool area which again, we were pleasantly surprised... The pool was lovely, the view over to the beach was lovely & the bar was even better..
The staff at La Valletta pool bar were so pleasant, my children were constantly at the bar asking for drinks.. My kids were obsessed with the hot chocolate & the Rose wine, beer & cocktails were VERY nice also.. The bar snacks weren't too great, you got apples, oranges, biscuits and some brioche buns with raisins in... You can get ice lollies and ice creams for a small price - but, we hadn't gone for the food....
We went for lunch and the only criticism I would give the hotel is the food wasn't great at all... Wasn't much choice and it didn't look or taste too great either.. Breakfast was awful too.. We never even went down for dinner - but, it was only an extra £100 for all inclusive and we well and truely got our money's worth with just drinks... We ate out every lunch and dinner and just had toast for breakfast - there are so many lovely places to eat around the hotel that we had always planned to eat out..
Location... It's in the perfect position.. Party central one side,
Portomaso the other.. Lovely beach with a lovely bar, Hugo's opposite which does nice Prosecco...Marina with some nice restaurants with lovely views.. Buses are great too, cheap and very regular.. We did a bus to Valletta and to Birgu..
Noise - our room over looked the pool and we didn't hear any music from the bars - only complaint was the people coming in from clubbing were so noisy and we did have to get up and ask them to be quiet, and on one occasion went to reception where the security guard was lovely and came up to sort the noise... But, that's not the hotels fault!!
They have entertainment at the evenings & are in the process of setting up a kids club which again, the staff were lovely and entertained our children...
Our cleaner was also really lovely - she was plesent, always asking if we needed anything, made our beds every day and left clean towels.. Infact, we had too many towels which is unheard of in hotels.
Overall... If you've booked this hotel & read the reviews.. Don't be put off - I would say most people who do review's on this have had some kind of problem & are angry.. And most people who have had a good stay dont review it... which is why, the first thing i wanted to do, was give it a gooc review... I found the staff, if your nice to them, they will help you out... If you go all guns blazing, they obviously don't want to help.
Would I stay again, Yes, and I didn't think I'd say that...
Go, enjoy & my advice, pay that extra for a superior room and don't let them fob you off that they don't do them as room 4019 defo does..
Hope this review helps & enjoy your stay x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea St George's Hotel and La Vallette Resort is located in the heart of the very lively city of St Julian close to the beaches, restaurants and bars that make this a great destination for those who like to party especially during the months of July and August. It is also the perfect base from which to discover the best tourist attractions that Malta, reputed to be one of the most beautiful islands of the Mediterranean, has to offer. It is a great starting point for trips to Gozo and Comino, the other islands that make up the Maltese archipelago. Malta caters perfectly for all tastes from its rich historical heritage to the beauty of its landscapes to the quality of the local cuisine and nightlife. The Hotel Blue Sea St. George's and La Valette Resort is located in St Julian's Paceville district, a few kilometers from Valletta, capital of Malta. The beach is located just 300 meters away. The hotel has a privileged location as the public transport, shops, restaurants and night-clubs of the amazing St Julian are all close at hand. The Hotel and Resort offers hotel rooms and studio/apartments. All rooms have a private bathroom, balcony or terrace and ceiling fan. Some rooms have sea views. The studios and apartments have a kitchen. The hotel has a pool beside which you can relax and while away the hours, plus a restaurant for all of your culinary needs, a sun terrace and solarium with hammocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Sea St George's Park & La Vallette Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Georges Park Complex Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Blue Sea St George's Park & La Vallette Resorts Malta