Stayed here Dec18 to Dec24 2012. Booked all inclusive but should have gone self catering.
The food was appalling, little choice and the hot food was lukewarm at best. We ended up eating out all the time, but having said this there are lots of bars and restaurants very close by, including Macdonalds, Burger King and Hard Rock for the less adventurous. Prices for eating out seemed to be on a par with home, or perhaps a little cheaper.
The rooms are very basic and a little outdated, but sheets and towels are clean and maid service is every 2 days.
Staff were not the friendliest ever seen, with a couple of exceptions - an extremely smiley young lady who greeted us into the restaurant for breakfast most mornings (shame she was having to deal with so many complaints about the food ...) and Marcel who runs the poolbar. He was by far the nicest person we met during our stay, and cannot praise him highly enough.
All in all a little disappointing, but it was the cheapest hotel on offer with Easyjet holidays at the time of booking, so I suppose you get what you pay for. If you want 5 star, book 5 star.
The hotel is right next to Paceville which is a stretch of bars and clubs (including a couple of gentleman's clubs) so there was quite a bit of noise at night, and it is not an area I would suggest that single females frequent in the evening!
Oh and finally, we checked out at 11am as required but had to wait till 4.30pm for our transfer back to the airport. Although there is a luggage room, the reception staff hand the key out to anyone who asks for it and we heard that there have been incidents of cases "going missing" especially in the height of the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea St George's Hotel and La Vallette Resort is located in the heart of the very lively city of St Julian close to the beaches, restaurants and bars that make this a great destination for those who like to party especially during the months of July and August. It is also the perfect base from which to discover the best tourist attractions that Malta, reputed to be one of the most beautiful islands of the Mediterranean, has to offer. It is a great starting point for trips to Gozo and Comino, the other islands that make up the Maltese archipelago. Malta caters perfectly for all tastes from its rich historical heritage to the beauty of its landscapes to the quality of the local cuisine and nightlife. The Hotel Blue Sea St. George's and La Valette Resort is located in St Julian's Paceville district, a few kilometers from Valletta, capital of Malta. The beach is located just 300 meters away. The hotel has a privileged location as the public transport, shops, restaurants and night-clubs of the amazing St Julian are all close at hand. The Hotel and Resort offers hotel rooms and studio/apartments. All rooms have a private bathroom, balcony or terrace and ceiling fan. Some rooms have sea views. The studios and apartments have a kitchen. The hotel has a pool beside which you can relax and while away the hours, plus a restaurant for all of your culinary needs, a sun terrace and solarium with hammocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Sea St George's Park & La Vallette Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Georges Park Complex Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Blue Sea St George's Park & La Vallette Resorts Malta