“Sunday buffet lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Pembroke, Malta
“Sunday buffet lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We the opportunity to go once again... this time it was WONDERFUL!! The staff was very helpful, food was fantastic.. especially the seafood table ! Even a small buffet table for our little 4 year old daughter with her favorite food! Really changed my opinion from the Valentines incident!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MaltaHilton, Manager at Oceana Restaurant, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear KevinBonello,

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our Oceana restaurant. I am truly glad that on this occasion we lived up to our normally high standards of food and service , and do I hope that we have restored your faith in both.

Malta, europe
“Excellent food and superb service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was at oceana restaurant to celebrate st patrick's day 2013. When i entered the restaurant, i was already impressed with the way we were welcome. Someone accommodated us to our seats. Very perfect spot because its overlooking the hotel's pool. We went for the soup, main dish and dessert. And i must they really have very good choices of food. I have to mention that dessert were heavenly especially the pudding:) i would definitely recommend this to my friends and of course i would be very much delighted to go back. Overall, it was beyond my expectation and it was really worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MaltaHilton, Manager at Oceana Restaurant, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Sarah05_2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Oceana Sunday buffet lunch. Positive guest comments are always appreciated and I’m extremely happy that we managed, not only to meet your expectations, but to exceed them.

We look forward to welcoming to the restaurant again in the not too distant future.

Msida, Malta
“Valentines at Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I and my wife decide to go at the Oceana for our valentine’s dinner, it was our first time here and we were hugely surprised by the large amount of food displayed on the buffet. Excellent choice of everything we didn’t know where to start. Live cooking seafood station and a large variety of mouthwatering items and the dessert area, I must say wow it was like being in a dream. The place is very nice and was nicely decorated for this day. The service I must say it ran smooth like a Swiss watch just perfect. Everybody took good care of us, and the young lady who took care of us she was excellent unfortunately I cannot remember her name. At the end they even gave a red rose to my wife to end up the night in style. We will definitely come back for Saturday or Sunday lunch buffet!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MaltaHilton, Manager at Oceana Restaurant, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Alfza,
We greatly appreciate your kind comments and are very happy that you enjoyed your Valentine’s evening with us.

We are rightly proud of our team in the Oceana restaurant who, on a daily basis, go that extra mile for our guests.

We do hope that we see again soon.

Paola, Malta
“Great Valentine's Day Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This valentine’s I decided to take my wife for a surprise dinner at the Oceana Restaurant at the Hilton Hotel, Malta. As usual, anyone can assure his mind that their dining experience will be outstanding.

The restaurant was very nicely decorated for the occasion, which provided a very romantic atmosphere. As soon as we entered, we could see the great effort made to decorate the place. There were candles everywhere, rose petals on the tables and on the floor, and heart-shaped table-mats. The sound of the violin, played by one of Malta’s best musicians, provided an unforgettable experience.

The variety of food in the buffet was indescribable! There was anything anyone could ever imagine, from the traditional to more exotic items, such as sushi. The food was even decorated for the occasion with heart shaped items!! There even was a live cooking station where one could choose different types of shellfish and see the chefs cooking them in front of you. The variety in the main course items was also of a high level. Our favourite were the mouth-watering beef medallions that really melted in our mouth! In the dessert section there was an incredible choice, from freshly cooked pancakes to a chocolate fountain, a selection of gateaux, ice-cream, mousses and puddings!

The service was excellent! Antonio, the manager, and Claudia, our server, took really good care of us and provided us with that special treatment. They are really an asset to this restaurant because the service complemented the atmosphere and the quality of the food.

At the end, a red rose was given to all the ladies. We would like to thank you for the wonderful Valentine’s Day experience! We will definitively recommend this restaurant and be back!

Dear Charles M,
We are all very glad that you enjoyed your evening so much and that you had such a memorable experience. It’s always good when the hard work put in by our team members is acknowledged and even more so when individuals are specifically mentioned by name.
Thank you once more and we hope to see you again soon.
Pembroke, Malta
“Worse Valentine ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been at Oceana Restaurant for Valentines day buffet €50 per person... We booked for 9pm and by 10:30pm they were already clearing food. The Sushi table and another table next to it was already cleared! By 11pm all the people were moaning and going away, while we were still eating desert! I noticed that all the couples were given a Rose for the Ladies and Mon Cherie for the Men with the bill... but we were special no Mon Cherie and the rose came when we were still eating! At 11.20pm had to go away and left a quarter full bottle of wine (which is 2 times more expensive than any other good restaurant) on the table!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear KevinBonello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Oceana restaurant after your recent visit. We are Very disappointed to read that you didn’t have an enjoyable experience and that our service didn’t live up to our normally high standards.
I would be very grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss your experience in more detail.