“this place never change” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 227 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“this place never change”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I dont know if its me, but every time i try this place after a very long time, I never get a better opinion...food is never great, the only thing is nice is a location..

Visited February 2014

Cadiz spain
“Non pretentious- perfectly pitched menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Silver bream definitely to be recommended and the staff couldn't do enough to keep everyone happy. Really enjoyed eating and drinking here and will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The place I call home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is my local restaurant and one I am very lucky to have as such.

The ambiance, views, simple cosy decor, stone walls and vaulted ceilings and warm service make this one of my favorite restaurants ever to be honest.

Having it near enough on my doorstep does not detract from the fact that the quality, freshness of the food and overall atmosphere means it still always feels like a proper dining out experience each time.

I cannot comment too much on their variety of food as I always eat the same thing, Spaghetti al Ragu (bolognese) which to me is my favourite ever, even better than my own, and I make an excellent version, so this is what I personally go there for.

Other dishes I recommend are the crispy spaghetti with bacon and the spaghetti with rabbit, both are really tasty and worth trying.

I would say that this was a more family geared restaurant but my partner and I also enjoy very romantic dinners there with the sea and views of spinola bay right in front of our nose. Service for us has always been good, I love the old style bistro music they play and I have no complaints to make so far.

Definitely one to try our for a casual dinner, make sure you choose a table overlooking spinola bay as it is really a stunning view.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a lovely setting overlooking the bay. It was busy but we were still allowed to chose our table from the ones still vacant.
The waiting staff were very efficient and friendly, especially the young Hungarian girl.
Took mains of pizza and cevapcici.
The pizza was good, the cevapcici (a Maltese dish of minced lamb and beef formed into small sausage shapes) served with salad, a roasted pepper sauce and chips) was very good.
Took dessert of cheesecake and apple pie, both good but not made on the premises.
A bottle of wine, a bottle of water and two coffees brought the bill to just over 45euro.
A very pleasant meal

Visited October 2013
Bruxeels
“Avoid the place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Tourist trap : they do not open the bottle of wine in front of you and bring it open to your table (they say they do not open Maltese wines at the table).
Had to send a dish back as it was cold.
Left without looking at the dessert menu.
Unpleasant staff to top it all !

Plenty of better restaurants around it

• Visited October 2013