“A good hotel, though it could be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's

You added Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St George's Bay | St. Julian's, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta STJ 3391, Malta (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Jugon-les-Lacs, France
“A good hotel, though it could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel has a great location, the staff are very helpful and pleasant, and the facilities are good. It is a particularly great place in fine weather, with its various outside pools. The Room is good, the wifi is now working well (which was not always the case in the past), and I particularly like the bar overlooking the main outside pool and the sea. The reception is pleasant and the hotel generally well laid out although the angled rooms get a sideways view of the sea on the right side of the hotel at the expense of the general view.

I do however, have complaints about the hotel. On arrival, I was told my Radisson points card was now useless, a new card was required, and the points could not be transferred. I felt like a Cypriot bank account holder. For some reason, the hotel always gives me a room on the right side of the hotel where the rooms' views are restricted and dominated by a car park. They aren't even that busy, yet still keep giving me poorer rooms. A particular fault of the room is that the walls are paper thin. You can hear everything, and I mean everything, that your next door neighbour is saying and doing. I had to turn the TV on and found it impossible to sleep when the man in the next room started doing weird loud something or other. The hotel previously seriously over-billed me for the telephone, when in fact I had never used the telephone at all, then argued with me when I pointed out they had overcharged me. This time round the hotel seem more comfortable with itself and hopefully checkout will be without incident.

The Sunday buffet is great. I have tried it several times. The indoor pool is a bit disappointing given how great the outside pools are, but nevertheless it is okay. I have had problems booking times with the spa; the staff seem to wander around in a daze without paying too much attention to possible clients.

The rooms are very clean, though it would have been nice if the shower had a flexible extendible nozzle rather than a simple 1970's wall fixed nozzle. The water pressure is not too good, though still better than many London hotels. The TV was shot, with great purples and greens across the screen like, again, a poor 1970's tv. It was disappointing that having been given a free bottle of water on arrival, that I never received a new one each day. If I had paid daily, I would have got a bottle daily, so why am I being penalised for an extended stay?

Malta is a great place and this is one of the best hotels on the islands. It is great value and I am, overall, pretty happy with the hotel. However, apart from the things that the hotel would have trouble fixing, such as the thin walls, there remain a number of irritations that they could fix quickly with a bit more attention to detail.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a 'real' sea view and not a restricted one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel in such great detail. From your comments, it seems you are presently staying with us. For this reason I kindly ask you to contact me through reception and if not, my email is aaron.vella@radissonblu.com perhaps I can assist you with your Club Carlson Points issue. As regards to the room we assigned, we always try our best to give priority to our repeat customers therefore please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit.

Aaron Vella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ħal Qormi, null, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friends and I decided to go on a weekend break at the Radisson Blue St.Julians and I must say we were very satisfied overall. The staff were really friendly and the receptionist was very helpful. We were very happy with the rooms, they were very nice and clean. The amenities were great, we had everything we needed in the hotel, in fact we didn't leave the hotel at all until check out. I would definitely go again if given the chance and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked for my opinion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your short break. May we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Al was very good, we had a super , renovated room, all very good, Hade a small problem with pre-booked restaurant upgrade, I understood that I could dine in any of the restuarents, in fact I was theoretically on supposed to dine in the Buffet and not Le Bistro, where we always dine. All was sorted with the assistance of Dorianne, who sorted things.

Looking forward to our next stay

Room Tip: Ask for the Lefthand side it catches the sun in the morning
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with future travellers. We are glad to hear that we succeeded in making your stay memorable. May we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spent a week late March, at the Radisson Blu St Julian's Malta and loved it. Arrived late afternoon to a warm welcome from reception staff (Ange'le) and a chat with Marika on the Hotel and surrounding area attractions, It's rare to be so warmly welcomed and made to feel at home. Our room was large and had a balcony overlooking the pool and sea, was spotlessly clean and had Tea and Coffee facilities. We had booked B@B but upgraded to half board on arrival and it was well worth it, the food is excellent and good value for money.
There is work being carried out on the second floor (new bathrooms) and on the second day it become quite noisy between 10am and 5pm, we mentioned this to reception and were pleasantly surprise when Arron (rooms manager) immediately offered to move us into one of the newly refurbished rooms. Guest services in this hotel are second to none, nothing is too much trouble.
The buffet breakfast and the choice of food was great, as was the dining room staff who always had a welcome and a smile.
The hotels location is good just a 10 minute walk from the town (not suitable if you have problems walking as there are hills) but there are always taxi,s at the door. There is no beach but the hotel has two or three swimming pools along the rocky coastline.
We had three days of light rain and four days of sunshine and took advantage of daily chats with Gaetano Mifsud who advised us on where to go and what to see, he has a wealth of knowledge about Malta and its history, a wonderful asset to any hotel and again always with a smile and a joke. We made use of the Spa and the daily special offers and really enjoyed it.
There is no doubt that the staff at the Radisson Blu are what makes this hotel what it is, an excellent hotel which does give 100 present satisfaction.
We will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view and all work in the hotel will be completed by May13.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that our staff succeeded in delivering super service. Your comments will be shared with the entire team with special recognition to the persons mentioned. May we look forward to repeat the same on your next visit,

MALTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights beginning of March . The room was large and the seaview was very relaxing. Enjoyed the peace and quiet .Hotel was very clean and the food , whether breakfast or dinner, was fantastic. The choice from the buffet table was incredible.
Will def go back, as the only damper to our weekend was that we couldn't enjoy our veranda due to the bad weather.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to review our resort. We are glad to hear that your short break was comfortable and enjoyable. May we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I loved the service at the hotel. Everybody was super friendly and ready to help.

The location so good, it's a bit away from the city center, but you can walk to many restaurants. The hotel is surrounded by water, but there are no beaches on site. You need to walk towards town if you want to hang out at the beach (a small one), but the pool is great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with future travellers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay last year. May we look forward to welcoming back on your next visit.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in February; Definitely not what you would expect from a 5 star but good value for money if you can get a good deal.
Breakfast OKish (horrible coffee).
Most rooms (I think) have balconies and sea view but as the hotel is a built in a slightly bent U shape a lot of these rooms actually face each other - and the sea view is lateral.
Room was spacious - big plus especially if you travel with kids.
A bit noisy - there was a constant, annoying hum which we couldn't identify (cooling/heating unit? fridge? hallway?) and it became irritating during the night. Didn't bother to ask for a room change.
Very helpful, nice staff.
Location is a bit far from the busy Marina area, 10 min walk (including a steep slope). If you can afford it or had the choice, want a bit of pampering in a great location, go for Hilton in St. Julians, it's a true 5 star.

Room Tip: ask for a full sea view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and sea views. On the other hand may we take this opportunity to apologise for the disturbance experienced during the night. Please feel free to contact me directly on aaron.vella@radissonblu.com in order to be able to look into this matter further and perhaps avoid it re occuring to our future guests. May we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Aaron Vella

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!