I came to the westin dragonara together with my partner for our month off travelling throughout the mediterranean region. We have been to quite a few other Starwood hotels in recent years and this by no means meets the standard that you would expect from this brand.
When we arrived to check in, we found one lady on her own at reception with two other guests waiting to check in. We had to wait 20min to begin checking in. We were given a room on the 5th floor, the corridors leading to the room had falling cealings and were in a very bad state. The room itself looks refurbished at first glance. Carpets are new. But furniture looks very dated.
There are no restaurtants available for lunch, you are forced to dine at the lobby bar or in your room. We complained about the bath tub leaking and instead of getting this fixed we have received a call from the duty manager who I believe her name was Janeece and she was very rude an impolite and made us feel very unwelcome with her tone of voice and attitude.
When we went to the health club to try out the indoor pool we were surprised to see how dated the area was. Pool tiles were cracked and had bad grouting. Most equipment looks like it was there for well over a decade. it was also very crowded due to the fact that they sell many memberships to locals. Something we were not used to in other westin hotels and starwood brands.
Overall our 5 star experience suffered greatly beacause the dragonara is obviously focused on maximising profits at every chance they get. not taking into consideration whatsoever on how it will impact a guests experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta