“ORVM Bar and Palio s Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta

You added The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta to your Saves list
The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dragonara Road, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta STJ 3134, Malta   |
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Saint Julian's
San Gwann
“ORVM Bar and Palio s Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Took staff for Christmas Party at Restaurant and then for a drink at lobby bar and was really happy with the outcome... corteous staff and service with a smile, good food, nice portions and amazing value for money and useful recommendations re the menu, warm atmosphere and my staff really had a good time... parking no problem
Mike Calleja

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
JonathanBorg, Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Mike C,

It was such a great pleasure to work you towards this successful Staff Dinner.

We do look forward to be given the opportunity to work together again in the very near future, and in the eventuality of such do not hesitate to get in contact with us.

With kind regards,
Jonathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had my big day at the Reef Club Lido, Westin Dragonara Resort .... it was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Well, I clearly recall our first meeting with the most professional Wedding specialist I have ever met so far, Mr. Vella. I had entered this spectecular hotel so very excited and went back home with a grin & with so many ideas! Our date was set and everything prepared and I only expected everything was going to be fine. The only mishap was that I had injured an arm and had to go through surgery ... my big day had to be cancelled just 10 days before the wedding! All I thought was how very disappointed my Italian husband, family, friends, & everyone coming from abroad could be. We had to advise everyone from the photographer, videographer, florist & the Westin Dragonara. We were quite sure that we were going to loose quite a lot of money! Speaking for the Westin Dragonara, I was really surprised that they were so concerned about my arm and advised not to worry about a thing! All they needed was another date to book the event ! Well, with tears in my eyes, we set a date! And finally I had this magical day I had ever experienced in my entire life. All the staff were so courteous, so professional and so caring. Two of them were only there to make sure we ate, drank and that everything was perfect. The set up was spectecular with a very large nice pool and the sea view. The food was divine! The next day my husband & myself received loads of messages saying that they had never experienced such a lovely wedding, & most of all that the food was out of this world! I would really recommend the Westin Dragonara Resort for your special day. Thank you once again to all the Westin staff !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear emikaw,

Thank you for your motivating review, we are very glad to read that we have managed to give you a magical day.

As you very right said, Robert is indeed a professional, he finds pride in what he is doing and thus goes the extra mile to please our guests.

Whilst wishing you all the very best for the years ahead, I kindly invite you to contact me directly should you be planning a return visit

Be well,
Valletta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very nice hotel in the best location in Malta for some good fun with family or friends. Walking distance to the beach. Excellent housekeeping thanks to the supervisor Christiana. Pool, Spa and Gym facilities are also good and clean. Good food. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear forgoten,

I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves! Thank you for your kind words about Christiana, our pool, Spa and Gym facilities! I hope to welcome you and your family soon back to the resort.

Best regards,

Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had our wedding reception at the Westin Dragonara Malta at the reef club by the sea and are really glad & satisfied we did it there. The venue offers excellent views of the sea and a nice big open plan space where you can have bars, themed tables, lounge areas for your guests and also the dance floor :) With the help of Robert Vella, his team and the management of the Westin Malta we had Excellent Service from Management & Staff , Excellent Location, Excellent Food and above all Excellent Value. We also spent 1 night there and the rooms are very clean, modern and specious with Excellent views. Breakfast was Excellent with a large variety to choose from and well presented. We also had a day by the pool which was wonderful and enjoyed the good service at the pool, every thing nicely set and clean. In the evening we had a lovely dinner at the Quadro's, a place where food and service were at a high level of customer satisfaction. A truly amazing experience, I highly recomend it.

Andrew & Claire

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew A,

Allow us to thank you for making the time and sharing this review following your special day at our resort.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your day at the resorts sea front and that you thoroughly enjoyed the views we have to offer. This is indeed a very significant feature of our resort, overlooking direct views of the Mediterranean Sea.

Robert, our weddings guru is an asset to our team, his personal attention to our guests needs makes all the difference.

Wishing you all the very best

Be well

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I attended a conference held at this hotel with my husband.

From the minute that we arrived in the Lobby, we were attended to in a very professional and friendly way. We were taken to our beautiful room which overlooked the sea, had a lovely balcony and was very spacious with sofa and workdesk area.

We had dinner the first night in Palios restaurant in the grounds of the hotel - the food was excellent and the service too.

the food at the conference was excellent and plentiful. I had lunch at the pool side restaurant which was also lovely.

The hotel is situated within easy reach of the town, with many restaurants and shops nearby.

all the staff were very polite and attentive, and spoke good english.

I would definitley recommend this hotel and would return with no hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear simstr,

On behalf of the entire Westin team we are delighted to find out that we made your stay at the Westin a truly memorable experience. Rest assured that at Westin we believe in our team and ensure that training is constantly provided to ensure an impeccable service to all our valued guests.

We do look forward to have you stay with us again and until then,

Be Well,
Zabbar, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Dragonara for a weekend break. The staff were extremely helpful, Especially, Neil, Daniela and Julian from the front desk and Charlo from the Terrace. The rooms are spacious and have a beautiful view. The breakfast was really nice and a lot to choose from. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tanya984,

Thank you for your motivating review, we are very glad to read that you found our team extremely helpful.

As you very right said, Neil, Daniela, Julian and Charlo are special members of our team, they find pride in what they are doing and thus go the extra mile to please our guests.

Whilst wishing you all the very best for the year ahead we, I kindly invite you to contact me directly should you be planning a return visit

Be well,
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Westin Dragonara Resort really knows how to make the guests feel special and welcome. The staff are really attentive and does their upmost to make everyone feel great.
I tried al of the restaurants and i was never disapointed, i especially enyoyed the superfood options at the breakfust.
The facilities are wellkept and clean.
I would deffinatly recomend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the maltese islands.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for your review!
I hope to welcome you back to resort soon.

Best regards,

Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta? Share your experiences!