“Many thanks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel

You added Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dragonara Road, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta STJ 3141, Malta   |
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Many thanks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My stay here resulted from my wife being taken ill during our World Cruise.
The staff could not have been more helpful--particularly the staff on reception and one of the restaurant ladies who advised me on the buses to Mater Dei.
The staff at the bar were also very concerned and always lent a friendly ear.
She is doing well back here in UK
I am sure you all will remember me
Many thanks to everyone--would strongly recommend your hotel

Robert Howard
UK

I

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Golden Tulip Vivaldi staff, I would like to thank you for your kind comments. We are so glad to read that your wife is doing well back at home.

We genuinely love to look after all of our guests and your satisfaction is our best reward.

I thank you also for recommending the Golden Tulip Vivaldi and we hope to welcome you back on any return trips to Malta.

Alison Galea (guest relation officer)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

On behalf on my family i would like to thank the staff on golden tulip vivaldi hotel for there hospitality during our stay, we had some complains regarding our room but within minutes Mr James Fenech (manger) solved our problem and we were given another room . Thanks and well done.

John mifsud.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Mifsud,

Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your recent experience at the Golden Tulip Vivaldi.
We are glad that your issue was solved within minutes. Our staff always does his best to fulfill all the needs and requests of our guests. Your thanks for the service really delighted us and I will share them with the rest of the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

the hotel frotage was quite impressive and the view was fantastic, however upon checking in I realised why the cost was relatively low, the hotel is undergoing an upgrade, so access to the upper floors was restricted to two lift, then a short walk across to the other part of the hotel where the rooms were...

When I first sat on my bed (we had two singles-too males sharing) the slats gave way and I was feeling a bit annoyed, however its wasnt a major issue as i could re insert them myself.

The room was comfortable, clean, a great bathroom (wet room) though the water did pool at the door if you staye din the shower too long, a good selection of TV channels and AC, what more could I want...

The roof top pool, though small was fine for a dip, the views from the roof were spectactular though. however May is considered out of season (hence the renovation work) though we found the weather superb.

Breakfast was superb, a great seleciton, fresh and plentiful though I didnt personally enjoy the Juices.

The location is superb easy access for walking or collection by tour buses,its central for bars and restaurans, the staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If still under renovation, ask for a room in the front of the hotel, as there two building connected...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you have found superb our location and services like breakfast.

We also appreciate your positive feedback regarding our friendly and helpful staff.

I would like to apologize for the small inconvenience you have experienced because of the refurbishment. As you have stayed in a separate part which is the new wing of the premises the renovation forced us to reduce the number of lifts going to that area. The situation is going back to normal in few weeks time.

We really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Matlock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Booked this Hotel because it's not far from where my family live. The people on reception where not great, my elderly cousin came to visit & they were quite rude towards her, I was staying at the Hotel along with some other family members, one of whom complained about his room, the fridge didn't work & the shower came away from the wall, he was rudely told the fridge was only for medication! Whilst not even asking if he needed it for medication! But they would send someone up to look at the shower, 2 hours later he asked another receptionist, & she happily said she would get the fridge looked at. (It still didn't work tho')The TV in my room was very old & not much use. The wifi you had to pay for, every other Hotel & coffee shops around were free, there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. The breakfast was very good, but the one evening meal we tried was quite bad, the main course food I had to leave. The staff generally were quite mixed in there attitudes, some were very helpful, others, it was all too much trouble for! It is a very tired Hotel & they are doing it up, the pool area needs updating, along with there outdated charge for wifi! To finish off my stay in the Hotel I had a visit from a cockroach at 1 am in the bathroom, as I was leaving at 5am I didn't bother to tell them on the way out, because I won't be going back & they wouldn't have been bothered anyway.

Room Tip: Wait a year or so!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relations officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Mary G,
Thank you for taking the time on reviewing the Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel. We always take seriously our guest’s feedback and yours has been shared and discussed with the rest of the management.

We are obviously disappointed to read about your experience that seemed to be below the standards we always provide in terms of hospitality.
Please be assured that the issues reported within the room were fixed and in fact no further inconveniences have been reported after your relatives left the hotel.

We apologize if the food that generally is one of our strengths with local and foreigner guests did not meet your expectations, Chef has been informed too.

We do believe that offering a good and reliable service like a Wi-Fi connection available in all the areas of the hotel is worth the charge. The hotel also offers a complimentary hour of Wi-Fi connection with any drink purchased at the Rhapsody Lounge in order to fulfill all the different needs and requests our guests may have.

Finally we can only apologize for the unexpected visit in the bathroom that we cannot explain as we do prevent this kind of situations with periodical operations performed by professional companies.

I would kindly like to ask you to contact me at gmagi@goldentulipvivaldi.com to discuss further your experience and let us have the chance to rectify what you found inconvenient during your stay.

Giacomo Magi
Duty Manager
Waltham Abbey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a week here - just got back. The location is excellent. It's just off the main "downtown/nightlife" area so there are no real noise issues. Best thing - all the staff were polite, helpful and friendly, particularly the reception staff. Our room was very clean (cleaned daily) had seven foot square bed and had plenty of storage/wardrobe space. Breakfasts had a good selection of breads, cereals, fruit and English breakfast items. Only had one evening meal which was fine. Would recommend finding out exactly where in the hotel you are planning to stay as there are some works going on at this precise time which could cause temporary noise issue.
MINOR complaint - I would have expected a hotel of this standard (taxi driver called it second or third best) to have FREE wifi in public areas. It's ONLY free for an hour IF you are in the bar area.

Room Tip: See comment re on-going works.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relations officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for the time you took on sharing your experience at the Godlen Tulip Vivaldi hotel. We greatly appreciated your kind comments.

We are very pleased that you have found our staff friendly and helpful, who is always ready to assist our guests making every effort to provide an excellent service.

When it comes to Wi-Fi as you have already mentioned we have a special offer of 1 hr of free connection with any drink purchased at the Rhapsody Lounge. Obviously you can decide to move around into all the lobby area as you wish and still be connected to our Wi-Fi network. Kindly accept our apologies if we haven't specified it during your stay.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope that your recent visit will encourage you further to stay with us on a regular basis.

Warm Regards,
Alison Galea(Guest Relations Officer)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Geraldine from Dublin, I Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. Staff are excellent couldn't do enough for you most helpful. Hotel is in good location very near everything. Food was excellent and rooms cleaned every day. If booking this hotel in the next few weeks just be careful as there is some building work going on as they are updating some of the rooms, we asked to be moved as the noise was too much at 7.30am but they did move us to a fantastic room in the "newer part" of the hotel with a sea view for an extra small charge per day but was well worth it. If I ever return to Malta I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view they are a little bit more expensive but not as much noise as the oth...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your comment. It is rewarding to hear that every aspect of your stay was excellent and that you will include the Golden Tulip Vivaldi hotel on future trips to Malta.

The refurbishment that you mentioned is going to end very soon even though we would like to apologize for the small inconvenience that it caused at the beginning of your stay: it won’t happen again as the Project Manager already took actions to avoid similar situations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on a future visit to Malta.

Kind Regards,

Alison Galea (Guest Relation Officer )
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Last July I went to this hotel some days and than some days at the Intercontinental hotel. This year I want to go again there. The beds are much more comfortable than in the Intercontinental even a little small. Related price quality I really prefer this one. We have a swimming pool outdoor and indoor an big big gym, and it was very well located. I really love it, I slept very well, everything very calm, the only thing that I don't like is the net and some receptionist woman not nice, but I WANT TO GO THERE AGAIN I only want net in the room!!!! I'm a teacher and I went to Eti school in order to make a course.

Room Tip: Oh I really loved mine but now I cannot remember :( sorry I know I really walk a bit inside the hote...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know that you chose our hotel and preferred among others: we do our best to provide the highest possible level of service.

We are glad that you want to visit us again, so please do not hesitate to contact us at info@goldentulipvivaldi.com if we can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Alison Galea (Guest Relation Officer)

Been to Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel? Share your experiences!