Stayed in the Hilton Malta for the 2nd time in a Executive Plus room for 7 days .
We arrived around 22:00 at the hotel after a flight from Brussels with a taxi - there is a fixed price from around 20 euro . The check-in went very fast and we got almost immediately our room key . We booked an Executive Plus room with Sea view trough American Express so we received a beautiful " Inside Malta and Gozo " book, a gift check for the spa center and a free dinner for 3 persons ( You could choose everything even how many courses ) !
It was a long walk to our room, it is situated in the new block . It was a walk of 5 minutes !
Our room was very big and had a very good-looking and modern interior ! The bathroom had a very big round bath, a rain shower and two little round sinks ! From the bath you can open a curtain and look to the TV in the room .
We had 2 twin beds in our room and they had each a very handy reading light ! There was also a big LCD TV with a DVD player . There was also a water boiler and a sofa in the room . We had also a small terrace with a beautiful view on the sea and the indoor swimming pool .
There is also a new Business center with 4 computers, a printer and meeting tables available for Executive room . You can also use the mini bar , fruit and free bottles of water in the Business Lounge . There is no new Executive Lounge so you had to go to the old one , it can be sometimes overcrowded because there are no more rooms . That you can also see at the service and food, it can be that you haven't got a seat or that the food is empty ! There is also free WiFi in the Lounge.
We ate all in the Bottega del Vino restaurant because the Oceana wasn't open . We ate there very good ! The service was excellent and the manager was extremely friendly !
We reserved also for dinner in the Blue Elephant restaurant in the basement of the hotel . The decor is outstanding and the staff was extreme but extremely friendly ! I had never seen such a friendly staff in a restaurant ! We all took a Royal Thai Banquet menu and it was very very delicious ! After dinner we received some small elephants ! Certainly worth a visit !
The breakfast buffet in the Oceana Restaurant is outstanding ! There is so much choose , that you can't choose ! Delicious eggs are specialy made for you ! But the service isn't that good . Empty plates are not cleared always and it can take a while when your Hot Chocolate arrives !
We booked 2 tours via the Concierge ( Charles was extremely friendly ) .
- We booked a day trip to Gozo . The trip was very well organised and around 09:00 a private van picked us up and drove us to the Ferry Terminal . There we were divided into groups . Our Guide spoke German and Dutch . She was very friendly and helpful ! Our lunch was included but we didn't found it very good . It was a buffet with 2 kinds of meat and vegetables .
- And we booked also a tour with the sightseeing bus . It drove from St. Julians to Marsakloxs . It has an exterior and interior level . Earphones are included !
There are multiple outdoor pools, a jacuzzi and a beach club . But you can also use the indoor swimming pool if you want ! BUT for children there is a time limit, very ridicules if you have kids !
The Hilton is located in St. Julians near a bus station ( Nr. 62 to Valetta ) and many delicious restaurants like The Avenue !
When you come to Malta , go to the Hilton and ask for the new rooms !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the prestigious Portomaso development within the fashionable district of St. Julian’s, the Hilton Malta hotel has come to represent the style, comfort and hospitality for which the Hilton brand is renowned. Standing as a centrepiece of the coastline and an intrinsic part of the Tumas Group’s flagship design, Hilton Malta sits comfortably alongside Portomaso Business Tower, the Residences and Yacht Marina in one of the most exciting and dynamic property developments anywhere in the Mediterranean.With remarkable views of the Mediterranean, the 410 rooms and suites available offer the discerning guest unrivalled relaxation and comfort.The hotel’s Classic rooms and suites are furnished to high standards in a Classical Maltese decor, producing a blend of luxury and traditional warmth. All Classic rooms and suites have a balcony or terrace overlooking the prestigious Portomaso Yacht Marina or offer spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea.The hotel’s Contemporary rooms and suites are tastefully furnished in contemporary Mediterranean style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Hilton Saint Julians
- Hilton Saint Julian's
- Hilton Hotel Malta
- Saint Julian's Hilton