“2 nights at the Argento hotel in August” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Argento Hotel

You added Argento Hotel to your Saves list
Argento Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Qaliet Street, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta 3255, Malta   |
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Paris, France
“2 nights at the Argento hotel in August”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at the Argento Hotel and were quite satisfied with our choice. Location cannot be beaten as you are within a short walking distance from many public buses. Also, not in the middle of the Paceville noise but easy to reach in 5 minutes if you need bars or restaurants. The room was quite large, clean and spacious. Breakfast is excellent, in terms of quality as well as choice. You can even have it outside.

Our only complaint was regarding the pool area. The water is not that clean and above all, the tiling has many missing pieces and I saw some green stuff around the evacuation pipes. Lastly, I hurt both feet while walking on the floor as some of the plastic covers were not stabilized.

Overall, I would still recommend the hotel and would stay again, just bearing in mind the pool issue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is only a couple of years old and looks new all over. We were upgraded on arrival from a double room to a suite, which was a nice surprise. The room and bathroom were spotless and cleaned daily. It had a large sofa, chair and a huge TV. Breakfast was very good, nice food and good quality and with very attentive and friendly staff. The pool was also very nice and clean. Only one very minor bug was that the ashtrays are fixed to the tables on the patio, so if you eat outside it sometimes smells of tobacco - we just put a plate over it, problem solved. The Argento is situated away from the noise of the disco bars and just two minutes walk from all the restaurants, quieter bars and the main bus stop. I think it is perfectly situated. You can be swimming in the sea (in town) with a ten minute walk around the bay. My wife and I were extremely happy with every aspect of the hotel and the staff. They were friendly and professional, helpful and generous with their time. I had a few problems with the booking from home in Spain (the fault of the agency not the hotel) and they were resolved quickly and easily with one quick phone call to reception. They even organised a taxi to pick us up from the airport and charged only the going rate. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family and would like to return soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is our second time to stay at this hotel as a family of 5. The cleanliness and quality is totally outstanding, we have stayed in many hotels but non to this standard. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast gives a variety of choice from freshly made to order omelettes and pancakes which were 'yummy'. The hotel is situation in a central location within a 5 minute walk to the beach, shops, restaurants, etc. The rooms are equipped with a fridge, hair dryer, safe, shampoo, etc, really everything you would require. The hotel has a roof top pool with a superior decking area and are in the process of opening a gym. We have had a fabulous time in St Julian's which is a beautiful location staying in an outstanding hotel which caters for a wide variety of travellers. You will not be disappointed with the quality, design, standards and friendliness of this hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I would definetly recommend this hotel to single, couples and business travellers. As previously said in last review it is not geared towards the families with young children, personally that suits me! We stayed in room 501 which didn't have the best view in first impressions,but over time we grew to like it, we had a good view of the blue Empire State Building, well that's what we called it!! We also had no problem with shower screen as previously mentioned, maybe we were lucky or they have sorted the problem. Rooms are a adequate size , no balcony but the windows did open fully. The air con wasn't that efficient ,it didn't make the room icy cold more like having a fan in the room really, but it took some of the heat away.
Breakfast was nice, hot cold food, chef to cook you fried eggs,omlettes and pancakes. Juices and tea coffee machines. We ate out in the evening and plenty of places to go, meat & co our favourite.

We booked direct with the hotel through their website, it was cheapest price on Internet.

Rooftop pool great, just enough sunbeds and great view.

The hotel manager was very friendly and often was seen in the restaurant at breakfast time.

Will probably go back if I return to malta again.

• Stayed July 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is extremely clean, nice and has a great location very near to the bus station (around 100 meters) and to beautiful coast. Near there you will find out restaurants and supermarkets.
Breakfast was really good too with espresso machine that makes real italian coffee.
The pool is small and not so warm but the view from the roof is fantastic - Spinola bay with its whole beauty. We really enjoyed the little time we spent there as we were traveling almost all of the time around the island.
Some extra info:
If you are going to spend all your time on the beach Malta it not the right place as sand beaches are not so many. Most of the time people just lay on the cliffs.
From the airport take bus X2 and get off at bus station called St. Julian's Ross.
When you use Malta's buses keep on your mind that you have to ring to make the driver stop. When you are at the bus stop - wave to the driver otherwise he will not stop. Get on from the first door and show your ticket to the driver or buy one from it. We bought 7 days ticket from the airport that cost 12 euro.

Port Talbot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We chose this hotel after reading the many reviews on here. I was not disappointed. The hotel was lovely and clean, with a fridge in the room and tea/coffee (replenished every day). I don't plan to repeat all of the usual info on here, just give a few "pointers"...
1. The electricity sockets in Malta are the 3 pin UK type. Good news for the British, mainland Europeans may want to buy an adapter. They are available in lots of the shops
2. The hotel is in a quiet side street, minutes away from the "action" but not too close that you're kept awake all night. Saying that, I'm a heavy sleeper.
3. I wouldn't stay here with children. It's not a family type hotel. The pool does not have a shallow end and there are too many steps everywhere
4. I would not stay here if you have mobility issues. There are about 10 steps to get to reception, and there are about 10 steps to get to the pool from the sundeck.
5. I didn't have issues with the shower (room 108)
6. I found the staff helpful and had no issues with rudeness.
7. The hotel seemed to get busier on weekends. This was the only time we had a problem getting sunbeds.
8. The waiter occasionally comes around offering to take drink orders. There is no set frequency and the prices are not excessive (I think €1.75 for a coke)
9. Quite often we took our own water to the pool, bought from the corner shop, and took that to the pool. We also occasionally took sandwiches. This was not a problem at the time of writing, but the hotel may have a problem with it in the future.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here if the price was right. Please inbox me if you have any questions

Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Argento for a week in April as a base for discovering Malta's rich cultural heritage. It was a good hotel with attentive staff and came with a rich buffet breakfast. I had a room pretty high up facing the bay which was very nice. I asked about the rooms with balconies (as my had none) and was shown a large room on the top floor facing the street/city, but chose to remain in the room I had been given. When I spoke to friends staying there I think that was wise, as they experienced that side of the building as rather noisy at the weekends due to the presence of a pub opposite. The roof terrace with the pool was excellent as it at that time was too cold to swim in the sea. All in all a good hotel in a good location, but next time in Malta I would prefer staying in Valletta or in Gozo which I liked the most.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Argento Hotel? Share your experiences!