“Best Indian food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emperor of India

Emperor of India
Elia Zammit Street STJ 3153 San Giljan Malta, Saint Julian's, Island of Malta, Malta
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 227 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Had a couple of meals here whilst on our week holiday in Malta, they had put some proper effort into the decor, the waiters were all very helpful - we had good banter and and felt well looked after. The food was spot on we enjoy a good curry and were not disappointed the king prawn goa curry was spot on and the prawns huge and tasty. Like all meals we had in Malta the portions were huge and they were happy to give us a take out. Worthy I think of an entry on trip advisor
Haifa
“Best Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for indian food in Malta you MUST go to emperor of India .
Very nice staff, clean and cushy restaurant , and the best Indian food I ever ate.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Valletta, Malta
“Every care is taken to create an understanding of food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

What’s your experience with Indian food? Are you in love with it? Do you feel heartburn after a hearty meal of spicy servings? If your experience is not good, chances are that you made a bad choice, and you have not as yet visited, what we reckon is amongst the best and most established Indian restaurants in Malta, The Emperor of India. This restaurant is nicely located in Paceville, a location noted for being the most desirable place with young couples.

Indian food is internationally famous. Whether chili-hot or comparatively bland, harmony is the guiding principle behind each dish. Indian cuisine is essentially a marriage of centuries-old Eastern and Western influences harmoniously combined into something uniquely Indian. Emerging from this rich history of flavourful cuisines, the creative sparks of the Emperor of India’s Kitchen came to being.

Although Paceville tends to be noisy, once you step inside the restaurant the atmosphere is quite charming and comfortable and the ambience allows for friendly conversation whilst nibbling at some Poppodoms served with 3 different dips. On this trip, after having viewed the extensive menu, my friend and I, we both decided to try out the Tandoori Mixed Platter. This is a variety of entrees Boti Kebab, Malai Tikka, Tandoori Mushrooms, Seekh Kebab, Mint Tikka and Vegetable Seekh Kebab. This was served with some Roomali Roti (homemade thin and very soft bread). The platter was absolutely delicious. Next we went for one serving of Lamb Kadai (pan fried lamb pieces, onions, green peppers & spices) and one serving of Beef Curry. These were served with our choice of Jeera Rice (Basmati white rice pan fried with cumin seeds and spices). Excellent food, that will give anyone the opportunity to mix and understand good quality Indian dishes.

For dessert we both had a Lemon Sorbet in its own fruit shell. Total cost went up to €35 each, inclusive of tips, one bottle of water and 2 bottles of beer.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Island of Malta, Malta
“Bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Was very disappointed as indian is my favourite food. The onion bhajis were not like any i had had before...not a compliment. myself and a friend who shared them did not like them. my vegetable korma i ordered was not fresh- the veg in it was diced carrots, sweetcorn and peas which I know for a fact were part of a frozen generic pack , it was obvious, as I have it at home. So much for fresh, what a waste of money what i had i could have made for a euro at home. My tip is to at least bulk up a veggie meal a bit with potato or cauliflower or something, as it was miserable. My friends who i ate with did not have a veggie meal and looked to have much better dishes and were happy enough. As it was a special night i did nog complain but left a lot. Overpriced for me. Surprised at the high reviews- you mustn't have had my curry. Will try elsewhere.

Visited January 2013
“Best Indian in malta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Being regular visitors to malta we always make a Bline to the emperor on our 1st night there, the staff are always very pleasant, slightly eccentric but in a nice way. The food is to die for very creamy and very tasty, slightly exspencife for an India but remember quality costs and I think it's worth every penny

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malta
“Staff are so pleasant and the food is great too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm a novice when it comes to Indian Food so I cannot compare, but its the only one i've been to on more than one occasion. The friendly staff keep me wanting to return and the food is as good as anything else i've tried and never disappoints.

Visited April 2013