“service cannot be worse!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 211 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bar Celona Lounge Paceville - St.Julian's - Malta Bar Celona Cafe'- Bay street Bar Celona Chiringuito - St.George's Bay A Unique concept in a luxury lounge. Just made for your style....Bar celona lounge opened its doors on the 23rd june 2010 in a quiet part of busy paceville in the hearth of st Julians...with its excellent location(position) this nicely decorated establishment has became a very sought after place for well dressed young and middle aged people out to entertain themselves and others just relaxing eating or sipping on a glass of wine / cocktail. this buzzing place changes depending on the event of the day... Wednesday is fashion show day and one can admire some of malta's most beautiful models while parading elegant and fashionable clothes for various fashion outlets around the island. on the week end at 22:00 hrs the place transforms itself into a club lounge and people are out to see and be seen, while listening to vocal sexy funky house music flanked also with live musicians playing saxophones, violin, trumpet or spanish guitar to balearic house music while dancing to the rythm of our caliente flamenco dancers... till late. Food and drink is also at the top of the list at barcelona lounge, opening from 10:00 am till 24:00hrs daily.Serving early continental breakfast & baguettes also a vast selection of hot and cold spanish tapas from our tapas menu ranging from cold/warm tapas on bread, vegetarian tapas, meat tapas and seafood tapas throughout the day... not to forget our special seafood or mixed cataplana stew for 2 persons... made in heaven like our 3 types of original spanish paellas.Good selection of wines, best margaritas on the island and perfectly served cocktails makes barcelona lounge an enjoyable experience for everyone. we also cater for business lunches, events, parties....options are never ending at Bar Celona lounge April 2011 seen the Bar Celona Operation EXPAND to other venture. Bar Celona Cafe and Bar Celona Chiringuito . A new CONCEPT in CAFE, and A New CONCEPT in a BEACH
Saint Julian's, Malta
“service cannot be worse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We sat down at one of the high tables in the smoking area and ordered two hot chocolates, after 25 minutes they arrived, afterwords we ordered an irish, caribbean coffee and a cisk excel as another person joined us at the table.
Shortly after the waitress came back and said no excel in stock, so she settled for a Heineken, no big deal. 20 minutes later i got my coffee and was told the other one will be here shortly. The Irish coffee was mixed with milk and not cream like it is supposed to be and how its written on the menu. The carabianne coffee never made it to the table cause after a further 15 minutes waiting (35 minutes for an caribbean coffee! come on!) we canceled! The place was not busy at all and we could see the staff talking to each other and no attention given to the little table which were occupied.
I spoke to the waitress about my coffee and told her i didn't want it as its not cream, she didnt say anything, no apologies or asked me if i wanted something else, she took it and came back later with a proper one (cream not milk on top). I didn't want it ! I was over it by then and she never informed me that there making another, when i declined she opened both her hands and took a deep breath meaning to express herself as being annoyed! Again she didn't say anything and took it back in a really rude manner, i asked for the bill and she didn't place it on the table she dropped it on purpose and walked off no thanks or anything ! i was appalled ! never in my life was i treated like this in a restaurant! I honestly still cannot believe it. I called her back and asked what her name is, she thought about it and said Christina, that was the only time i heard her voice.

Considering all the mishaps this evening her attitude was the worst of all !
The venue is very nice but a bit pointless for me if this is how customers are served.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sliema, Malta
“Quite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Even if Bar Celona is close to the main street of Paceville, it's quite and it's a plesure to go there with your friends. The place is very nice, It's almost all black. It's quite cheap, I didn't eat in it but only took something to drink...and it was bad. Not only mine ones but also the drinks of my friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Pacevilles in place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are holidaying in Malta you simply must visit Bar Celona it is the best bar in the area with cool vibes and extremely trendy. Slightly hidden away in the streets in Paceville but make sure you find it.

Visited October 2012
“Were we actually there?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Why not go to this chic looking bar for pre meal drinks we thought. As all the table outside were full we went inside and sat on a high table in the middle of the bar. After about 15 minutes I went to the girl behind the bar and asked if we should order our drinks there or wait for one of the waitresses. She said that we should wait. So we did. It was as if we were invisible and the waitresses went by us with orders for other people. After about half an hour waiting for someone to serve us, I got up to and walked to the door where I found the two waitresses just standing talking to each other. At this stage we left. So I can't give a good report on the service at this bar as we didn't get any.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“This is the place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been there both during the night and for a happy hour aperitive. The place is young and international (less crowded than Hugo's to be honest).
The waitresses do their job really well.
Now cocktails: Mojito was very good and the Frozen Raspberry Daiquiri - the best cocktail I had in my life! With some offers we spent 7 € for 2 Mojitos and 2 Frozen Raspberry Daiquiri.
I am not a promoter or anything, but you must go to this place. Interior is new and Las Vegas style. Only one bad point: when I ordered Margarita it came with too much salt on the edge - I just removed it and that's it!

Top tips: 1. Go by the Strand (in Sliema where there are the shops, by the Harbour) and collect the Captain Morgan booklet with all the excursions. Inside there is a voucher for 1 free Mojito - you just go and present the voucher and they bring you a free Mojito without the need to buy anything
2. Happy hour: buy 1 get 1 free