“Heavenly spot.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Heavenly spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

You are greeted by Shirley on entering this Bar. The atmosphere is of a small intimate club offering very good 'easy listening' music. The prices are very good for the area. The Bar is a place of haven of peace in the very hectic of Paceville. Go there, you will not regret it.

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great jazz bar and friendly owners and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My friend and I have been coming here since Oct 2006 during our scuba diving trips to Malta and have come here every time we have visited to Malta, which for me is 14 times. Peter and Shirley are wondeful hosts and Peter sings on occasions. The live jazz is always relaxing and of a good standard. I highly reccommend it if you like jazz along with good hosts too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

on my walk about i found this nice jazz bar had a few drinks. and nuts crisps on the house . it has a small menu and a drinks menu cocktails and wine also beer the live jazz is great even the owner gets up and sings. nice garden if to hot and seats outside the front .friendly staff went back the next night on my own.

• Visited May 2012
Paris, France
“perfect bar to listen jazz and chill out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I love jazz, and when I travel, I always enjoy it when I find a cosy jazz bar. And it was perfect, the singer did not sing my all time favorites but the atmosphere was great, it din't feel weird to be on my own, and the owner was very welcoming. You feel at home and relaxed with a nice drink.

• Visited November 2011
Larne, Northern Ireland
“Oasis of calm in Paceville area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 enjoyable evenings at SJI last week. The Paceville area is a youngsters paradise and we had almost given up finding somewhere for us 'not so oldies' to go to. We were welcomed from the first minute and listened to some great jazz tracks played by Shirley. On our second evening we listened to Godwin Lucas who sounded like and played a tremendous Stevie Wonder set. On our last night there was a little trio including Peter, the proprietor, which we enjoyed.
This is a hidden gem and the only downside was that there weren't more people there to enjoy the fine music and nice atmosphere. Get there soon!

Visited July 2011