“Great Ambience and service.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 202 restaurants in Saint Julian's
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore
“Great Ambience and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Saw that it has great review and popped in. The atmosphere was welcoming and the service providers friendly. When seated, I was given recommendations for the catch of the day. But I was bent on having an authentic Maltese cuisine. So I ordered beef Bragioli and a red wine to accompany it. I felt the red wine was good and value for money. While waiting for my main course, bread and butter was served and to my surprise, a platter of olives, cheese and toasted bread with tomatoes was served. And the waitress said it's complimentary. That certainly had created a huge impression. When the main course finally arrived, it was very neatly presented as well as the side dishes of grilled potatoes and grilled vegetables. I felt that the portion was huge for one person. It's certainly value for your money. Will be back again to try other dishes.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
  • Polish first
Oshawa, ON
“Busy little spot with good food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Maltese Mamas on a Friday night and were warned that they were busy so it may take 30 minutes for service so we decided to try it the next night. We came back saturday and were seated right away. We asked about the specials, one of which was fresh red snapper. We both decided to have the snapper along with a bottle of red wine. About a minute later the whole fish was brought out to us to see before it was cooked - I think this was so we were satisfied the freshness of the meal to come. Before the main course came we were provided with some free appetizers consisting of cheese, bread and mashed beans . The snapper was cooked to perfection and the staff outstanding.

I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a quiet restaurant off the beaten path.

Catania, Sicilia, Italy
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Maltese Mama is a wonderful little restaurant, a tucked away little gem.
The food was fresh and the service was perfect!

London, United Kingdom
“Great local family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is not a high-brow place. Instead, it is a family-run restaurant with great food and attentive service. My family tried the local dishes and they were excellent. Reasonable prices, too. The decor is cluttered but homey, with lots of things to look at. Kid-friendly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LONDON
“very good food and reasonable price /friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

visited here twice on my 5 day break in Malta, pasta was excellent and I dont normally order pasta outside of italy, my wife had king prawn risotto which tasted fantastic.. as seems to be the case in Malta we were also given complimentary starters consisting of Bruschetta, maltese sausage, goats cheese, olives etc.. basically cant find much to fault.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere