“Only restaurant I went to twice” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dublin
“Only restaurant I went to twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed for 16 nights in malta and this was the only restaurant we are in twice. Fantastic staff and food and wine! Excellent prices for the quality of food. Great menu. The Irish beef was amazing and cooked perfectly. This restaurant is a must if you are in the area.

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I so wanted this to be a good experience having been recommended this place by a native Islander who was visiting the UK. I have to say that although the food was okay the atmosphere of the Al Fresco dining was lacking. With no view to speak of it is hard to see why diners could be attracted to it particularly when there is so much character inside. My wife's scallops were the smallest we have ever seen which was a disappointing start to the meal. I had seafood soup which was tasty but again it was a very small portion. For the first time in over 50 years I had the Rabbit. I have to say it was exceptional and a dish that I would gladly try again. My wife's lamb shank was disappointing being served in quite a bland tomato sauce. The owner and staff certainly tried to give us a good dining experience but I'm afraid it didn't live up to other restaurants that we have visited in the locality. It may well be that we made a wrong choice from the menu so I hope that no one is put from trying this restaurant on the basis of this review

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rugby
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Dinner for five, with our three teenage boys who can be difficult to please. Menu good, service great, food excellent, price sensible. Nothing to complain about at all.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food, outside, and hilarious waiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

On our first night in Malta, we came upon this restaurant on our trek through menu reading to find a place to eat. We sat outside and heard about the palace. When the waiter brought one too many drinks he said,"oh, one for me!" His humor and aid in choosing great dishes continued. The king prawns, fresh fish of the day were superb, and who can say no to the free limoncello at the end of a great meal?

• Visited July 2014
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
“Most enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Excellent food, very friendly hosts and chef. Good atmosphere, both inside (which is very characterful) and out. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2014