“Great Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Valletta, Malta
“Great Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great quality food and service. Food was very well prepared, cooked and plated and service was very helpful. Definitely a great dining experience and it won't be my last at Lulu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Bruxeels
“A place you should not miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very tasty cuisine, a reasonable choice of food, fresh fish, fantastic desserts, nice wines and very friendly staff.
Certainly our best experience in Saint Julian and not a tourist trap like some of the restaurants in the neighbourdhood.
Good price / vaue.
The friends I brought the second time were equally impressed.<
I hope this restaurant will still be there when I go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valletta, Malta
“First time visiting, great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This excellent restaurant is located in a quiet area (further down the Portomaso carpark).
For €25.95 you can get a set menu – including a starter, main course and assorted sweets + still water. I suggest that a kid’s menu would be introduced to make this restaurant a perfect venue.

I advise visitors to visit this restaurant’s website since it is very explanatory. This restaurant has a lovely indoor and outdoor seating. The staff/waiters are very helpful. The presentation was excellent, the service was even better and the food was absolutely delicious.

Should you wish to give a gift voucher for someone special, this restaurant offers gift vouchers.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Lincolnshire
“A Great meal - AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We first visited in 2011 after following a tripadvisor review and had a great set price meal for two back then.
SO, we booked again for 2 on a (quietish) Tuesday night in early October 2013 during our stay at Fortina in Sliema. A very warm greeting was followed by friendly chat from Charlie, our host. My wife chose the salad style (pumpkin, feta salad) starter together with a grilled Salmon for main., her favourite.
I could not decide and Charlie suggested the (creamy, pastry) Mushroom Mille Feuille starter followed by braised pork cheeks in prune sauce. Whilst waiting, we were served with a special appetizer with the chef's compliments. I was assured I would be delighted with Charlie's choice, despite never knowingly having eaten pork cheeks before! He was 100% right. It was delicious! SO tender, tasting more like fillet steak than pork, in my opinion. My wife really enjoyed her salmon, which was cooked to perfection.
For dessert, we were guided by the favourite dessert of Alice, Charlies assistant. This I think was called "Mama's cake"? Again, wonderfully rich, but very filling indeed. Water was provided freely, a nice touch, as too often quite a cost can be added by just a few glasses of water in some restaurants. Finally, before leaving we were presented with a shot each of what I imagine may have been freshly squeezed lemon juice with vodka??
So, a fixed price meal for a fraction under 25.95 euros each (+ a delicious white wine, I think around 17euros?) was to us a great night out.
Lulu's concept of a set price for a NOT set menu is in our opinion a winner without doubt.
We were pleased to record our compliments in the guest book.
We will definitely return next year when visiting Malta yet again. Thank you indeed!!

Tarxien, Malta
“Amazing food, atmosphere and staff..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Couldn't be better...thank you for such a special meal and a wonderful time hosted by gracious staff and friendly owner. They cater well for a gluten free diet. Must visit!

• Visited August 2013