“position, position, position” 5 of 5 stars

Cardiff Motor Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Cardiff Motor Inn to your Saves list
Cardiff Motor Inn
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   15 Munibung Road, Cardiff, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2285, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cardiff
tweed heads
“position, position, position”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed at Cardiff Motor Inn for 2 nights 3/12 and 4/12 and had no problems.$120 per night about par for similar accommodation in Newcastle for a special event weekend. I made booking direct with motel by telephone and confirmed it the day before I came.I had two concerts to attend: Catherine Britt at Lizotte's Newcastle on Saturday night and second night of Elton John double at Hope Valley Estate on Sunday night. With virtually all accommodation in Newcastle area booked out it was imperative the booking be honoured and it was.The motel is modern with large functional rooms and easy parking; the motel manager Michael and his wife are friendly and helpful as you would want. Further, the motel is extremely well placed being opposite the Cardiff Panthers club, 200m from the cardiff RSL,5min walk to local shops which include 3 supermarkets, 10min walk to Cardiff Railway Station (pickup point for coach transfer to Vineyard Concerts) and a short bus ride to Stockland Glendale shopping centre. Lizotte's Newcastle represents a great value night out (door to door shuttle available only $5 return) with Catherine Britt one of my favourite artists and a truly nice person. Elton gives 100% every time and his performance with the good acoustics (unlike dreadful sound at Brisbane Entertainment Centre - a venue I wouldn't bother with again) resulted in one of the best concerts I've ever attended. Vineyard Concerts are very much in vogue in current times and the Cardiff Motor Inn represents an excellent choice for accommodation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Rude attitude and awful service.
I made my booking with email but when I arrived this rude woman didn't even made eye contact and rudely told me she has no accommodation available.
When I tried to leave she told me they have accommodation in another town if I was interested even though I told her we are here for business and we confirmed our booking with them by email.
When I was waiting for her to find my email another couple was making complaints that they booked 2 rooms but they only got one. She told them rudely that they got what they booked for.
I didn't wait any longer and left.
Never again...

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Been to Cardiff Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cardiff Motor Inn

Address: 15 Munibung Road, Cardiff, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2285, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Newcastle > Lake Macquarie > Cardiff
Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cardiff
Hotel Class:4 star — Cardiff Motor Inn 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Cardiff Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Cardiff Motor Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.