+ An old hotel with a positive location approx 10 mins walk to Nagoya Hills shopping centre. Though the hotel will push for taxi services, walking there is easy and along the road. A short, non-challenging walk leads you directly to the entrance of Nagoya Hill Mall.
+ Hotel receptionist and concierge are pleasant and polite especially the latter. Very helpful with transport and day booking (IDR100K per hour for a 7 seater). Check in and out was efficiently done and little problems.
+ Housekeeping was duly done and punctual.
- - - We booked the Classic rooms which were in NO sense classic, hidden right at the north wing (or the very old wing). Rooms musty with bad smell and no windows (the windows were all hideously bricked up). The corridor was very eerie (We were brought to room 1016 and was unable to get into the room. After a few attempts to change keys walking up and down from room to receptionist - about 250m - the staff told us the management delibrately locked up that room because it is no long available for stay for some reasons and offered us another musty room with a strong religious incense). The rooms were built on the 1st floor (despite 1016), and right below was a dark and abandoned old reception area which we accidentally went down having lost our way. We felt utterly uncomfortable when residing in these rooms despite it being physically clean. Wifi and TV working fine, just that the atmosphere gives you a bad feeling. The walk along the corridor is bad enough give you that eerie feeling. Also we went during the festive season and long weekend, the corridor seemed to be guest-less, just us. The only lights were dim yellow lights with no reachable sunlight.
- Breakfast was ok but the queue for noodle and egg stations can be excessively long. The waiters and attendants managing these stations looked as though they had a bad night and all hostile and unpleasant. Coffee was blant and refills were slow.
+ - Gym and pool was ok, nothing fabulous but well maintained.
- Overall I am not very prone to recommending this hotel especially with stays at Classic rooms. If one has to stay, please select the superior or deluxe rooms with blatant sunlight in the room. The rooms at the north wing are very eerie and made us feel very uncomfortable at night. For more information on this aspect please drop me a personal note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodway Hotel is a 4-star business-class hotel located in one of the most exciting and vibrant places in the Riau Islands - Batam, Indonesia.Situated along the main thoroughfare in downtown Nagoya only walking distance to Nagoya Hill shopping mall and Nagoya Shopping complex.Goodway Hotel offers full amenities to help the busy traveler conduct business and relax after a hard day’s work. The distinctively welcoming ambience is our hallmark of personal service and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Goodway Hotel - Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodway Hotel - Batam Indonesia