“Good stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Goodway Hotel - Batam

Save Saved
You added Goodway Hotel - Batam to your Saves list
Goodway Hotel - Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Imam Bonjol No. 1 | Pulau Batam, Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Nagoya
KL
“Good stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went there for 2 nights. The hotel location is walking distance to all this handbags shops also nearby nagoya hill mall. Not much thing to do in Batam itself, but the hotel provide lot of amenities such as swim pool, sauna, jacuzi, gym etc. All of it are functioning and not by the name only. The staff are helpful and response are great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed in Sep 2012 for 5 nights. Very nice hotel & excellent service. Staff are very courteous & accomodating. Changed my room twice upon request. Service is very fast & efficient. Also bang opposite the main club area. Would definitely go again. This is all on top of not having to pay, as the free stay was part of a promotion from a vacation club.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thank God, we stayed at this hotel for 1 night otherwise will request to transfer to another hotel.

First thing when I check in to any hotel I will check the toilet first. So thats where my nighmare started...The toilet is dirty, stains everywhere, dare not to bath in the bath tub when I see how dirty the bath tub is. The towel is very black and luckily I brought extra towel.

The living room is okay, but the bedroom is uncomfortable...carpet with stains. The pillow case doesnt look clean very yellowish.
No slippers and tissue box. I have to call to request one. It took so long to deliver to us.

The breakfast so chaotic. We have to queue very long and it is very small.

The food...prefer to eat ourside.

Plus point : near to Nagoya Hill shopping Centre (10 mins walk)
Free wifi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Dirty n stained bed sheet and pillow case. Staying in room 1014 on 26th dec 2012. Terrible place with dead cockroach on the floor. Sad to know tht this hotel deserve a 4 stars. The price paid is not worthy

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Went to holiday inn for 3 days 2 nights at waterfront, From there we went tO harris hotel at batam centre. We were trying to extend our visit at harris but there's no more vacancy.. So we went to the travel agency at batam ferry terminal to find any available hotels but all are fully booked as we wanted to stay 1 more extra night at any five/four star hotel, the travel agency recommended "goodway" and told us it is a four star hotel. So we paid n check out from harris hotel at 2pm. We went shopping till 11pm and reached "goodway" around 11.20pm..

I must say, i was not impressed when i reached the hotel as im used to 4 and 5 star hotel which is up to my expectation. To go to the room we had to go round three times as the hallway is so long and keep turning. Finally we reached our room at the end of the hallway.. I was disgusted with the smell coming out from the room when i entered it.! The decorations are so old that i wonder if i travel back in time? And thing is , the shoe closet is seriously behind the door, and if u open the closet to put in shoes, people have to wait outside the room as the door cant be open!! The tv is so small n old square box tv, like hello, we r living in a modern age, n here u r with an old tv set like its from the 90s? Even the furniture is old and ugly!!! Lucky we reached there nearly midnight and stayed there till 9am!!!

The toilet is seriously disgusting tO the max!!!! It is so dirty and rusty and old that i feel threaten to even step in it!! Had to wash the whole toilet and so many brown gunk came out from the toilet bowl rim on the floor that i nearly cried with disgust as i dont know if it's waste or what!!!!!!!!!! The shower and water smelled of rust and there is no hot water!! I had to hOld my urine and not shower and just go to sleep, in the morning, i had to wipe myself with bottle water filled with my own body soap n wipe myself clean with wetwipe as im too disgusted to go in the toilet!

The room's air conditioner is noisy it sounded like a clock bell! The bed is yucky! The blanket have a brown stain!! U shd just closed down this hotel business and demolish it!! Worst hotel i ever been too!!! And i nearly cried from disgust and irritated from this junk hotel!!!! No wifi at all, lousy, and dusty!!! The carpet have a wet musty smell, the tap water smell of rust when i was brushing my teeth in the morning that i nearly gagged and had to use my bottle water to rinse out my toothpaste n wash my face as i dont trust the rusty smelling water which made me gagged!!!

Dont EVER come to thIs hotel as you will seriously regret it!!! Better off with holiday inn at waterfront and harris at batam centre.! I will nvr go again even if it's free and till now i'm cursing the travel agency for recommending this hotel.!! Thank god we stayed there less then 12 hours or i will die of misery!!!!!

Unlike holiday inn and harris, this hotel is so smelly and musty!! Holiday inn and harris have a nice touch of orange and lemon aromatherapy permeates through the entire hall, lobby, and room!! Unlike goodway, it is so stinky!!!!!!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Upon checking in, i realised that i only received 4 coupons so i requested for an additional breakfast coupon since there were five of us. And also an additional bed. The first time the staff said i had to pay for it but i explained to him i have booked and paid my travel agent so why should i pay extra. He told me that he will check with the travel agency.

A few hours later, when i enquire again it was a different staff. She insisted i have to pay for the 3rd person because breakfast is complimentary for 2 per room. And she added that i can get the 3rd coupon free if i pay for an additional bed. This went back and forth and i was getting upset and my family members said it was ok and they will pay for it..In the end 3 person shared a king size bed and we paid for the 5th coupon.

After checking with my travel agent, my booking was correct and the hotel billed the travel agency for additional bed and breakfast!!! I'm never going back to 'Good'way hotel!!

Bad: there were yellowish stains on bed cover and our front door was not fitted properly. When we were trying to go out; we couldnt open and the door was stuck.!! The bellboy had to pull the door hard from outside...

Lisboa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is supposedly the quiet one in central Batam but in reality it is an overpriced and poor hotel. I beach view resort or Montigo are more expensive options but much better.

Positive
1) hotel is central and big mall is close;
2) hotel bar is nice!
3) Prostitution is not permitted (there is no solicitation in the hotel);
4) hotel has massages that are fairly priced

Negative
1) the hotel is not clean;
2) rooms are very old and bathrooms should be clean with bleach or something of a kind to remove small fungus;
3) room photos don't resemble what you see in hotel booking websites (not even close...)
4) people smoke everywhere in the hotel. Sometimes I smoke with a drink or two but the smell in the hotel was to much;
5) staff is not informative;
6) taxis and drinks in the hotel are a rip-off when compared to other places!
7) some rooms have no windows at all even though they're located in the 3rd floor;
8) Breakfast ends at 10am but from 9am onwards there was no more bread, not even if you asked for it.

Tips
Whenever asking for a taxi go outside of the hotel. Asking a taxi at the reception will cost you 70% more than in the street in front of the doorway.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Goodway Hotel - Batam? Share your experiences!