“Huge Potential” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence

Save Saved
You added Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Imam Bonjol, Kampung Utama No.1, Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Nagoya
“Huge Potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Yet again, I stepped my foot on the familiar grounds of Batam. This time round, I look forward to staying at this new hotel that came up recently in the vicinity of Nagoya Hills.

A 50,000Rp taxi ride took me to Nagoya Mansion from Batam Centre. Arriving at the entrance, vehicles went through an undercarriage check before stopping at the lift lobby, right after the security check area. Taking the lift to the hotel lobby, we arrived at the hotel lobby for our check in. Pretty spacious lobby area with comfortable seating and the table for the welcome drinks were at the side, which it seemed, was self-service.

We got upgraded to a suite as we were told that the hotel is full and our booked rooms were not available, definitely no objections there! Located at the end of the corridor, we opened the door to our room. It was a two-bedroom unit and modernly designed. Plenty of space within and bedrooms were rather comfy too. The windows offered great views of the city and the sea.

As mentioned by other travellers, the bathroom does get a little flooded when you shower, but it did not bother me much. However, I did not really appreciate the window beside as it makes me feel kind of exposed. It wasn’t a clear window of course, but well……

Breakfast was rather average and the restaurant was quite small, though most of the staffs were good in their service attitude. You could have your meal alfresco by the pool too. The pool was not huge but they have a lifeguard on duty, which is a good thing.

The hotel is indeed located within walking distance to Nagoya Hills Mall but it may not exactly be easy for those with elderly or child. You will be walking on the road side for a bit, before you thread on a path lined by wild grass and strewn with litter. Then you could either walk on or turn right to a small road leading up to a mosque, then turning out left towards the mall again. Either ways will get you there.

It had been a good experience and while there could be some hiccups here and there with it being new, I think it have the potential to become one of the preferred hotels in Nagoya.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Been reading up on tripadvisor review prior to my check in with the hotel. Got the deal from deals.com for my friend birthday celebration.

There are a mix review of this hotel making me quite worried. Here's my two cents worth of review for the hotel.

Upon check in (9July) the staff were really friendly. Well verse in English. I requested for a King size bed and was given it (I know this should not be used to judge if a hotel is good as it always subjected to availability). 4th to the 16th floor are service apartments and 17th onwards are hotel rooms.

Was being allocated a room on the 17th floor. As I bought the voucher from a deal, I didn't expect the room to be good, but this was indeed a reasonable room.

As it is still in the pre-opening period, renovations works are still going on. Expect to hear drillings if you are staying here. That didn't really affect me thou as it is only going on in the afternoon.

Toilet wise has a weird smell, prolly due to the drainage system but it isn't that bad. Room is spacious good enough for 2 person to be staying comfortably.

Called to request for extra bath soap(housekeeping) and bottle opener(room service). The staff was unable to communicate in English, lucky enough I do speak minimum Beharsa so be prepared. I love the bed, its soft and nice to sleep in! Location being near to Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre, about 10mins by foot. Breakfast is good but I expected more variety which it lacks in.

Might stay in this hotel again after their renovation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Tour agent experience:
I have booked a package with AMW Travel and was told that we will be upgraded to 2 x 2-bedroom suites for 8 adults although the package description stated deluxe rooms. However, thanks to reviews from fellow Tripadvisor's members, I realize that there are only 1 queen-sized bed and 1 single bed per bedroom suite which are insufficient for 8 adults. Hence, I called up AMW Travel and requested for at least extra beds for the 2-bedroom suites, but was told that there will be extra charges for the extra beds. Therefore, I told them that I prefer the original deluxe rooms. After 3 incorrect service vouchers and numerous email exchanges, I finally had gotten a service voucher with the correct passenger's name, correct number of pax and correct room type (4 x deluxe rooms). That was my experience with the travel agent prior to our Batam trip.

Service:
On D-day, after our Batam day tour, we arrived at the Nagoya Mansion Hotel. Alas, the front counter staff assigned us 2 x 2-bedroom suites! The staff appeared occupied and did not seem to care that the rooms were assigned wrongly and kept saying that all other rooms were fully booked. After a long but unsuccessful talk with the staff, we decided to stick with the 2 x 2-bedroom suites as we were all tired and hungry after a long day tour. That is not without asking them to add extra beds for each of the 2-bedroom suite. No extra cost was incurred for the extra beds, but it took the housekeeping some time to bring in the extra beds.

Deposit:
$50 deposit for each room is required and it was kind of weird that they required $150 deposit for 2 x 2-bedroom suites. No negotiation was allowed on the deposit amount, or apparently the front desk staff did not seem to care. I still do not understand how the deposit amount was computed.

Location:
Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence is 10-15 minutes’ walk from Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall, and estimated an hour drive from Sekupang ferry terminal. To get to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall, follow the slope downhill from the hotel, turn right when you hit the main road, continue walking until you see the shopping mall on your right. There is a 24-hours pharmacy on the foot of the hill.

Room:
I have to give credit to the room though. Eventhough it was the wrong room type and the single bedroom is kind of small at the allocated 2-bedroom suite, the living room and master bedroom are pretty spacious. It comes with a pantry, where water can be boiled and fridge is provided. In addition, the suite has 2 bathrooms, 1 for the master bedroom and 1 general bathroom located in the living room. There are 2 televisions, 1 in the master bedroom and 1 in the living room. The surrounding of the hotel can be seen from the suite. Another plus point is their bed; it is very soft and comfortable. Amenities such as toiletries and beverages are provided.

However, I do concur with fellow Tripadvisor's members that the rooms are not well-maintained. Although it is a new tower, the fittings seem worn.

Breakfast:
After experiencing service which was less than desired during our check-in, it was a stark contrast at their breakfast dining area. Breakfast is good, if not better than good, with a great variety of selections; cooked food, congee, bread station, fruit station, cereal and fruit juice station, freshly made waffle and omelet station, egg station, and hot coffee and tea.

Their service staffs at dining area were prompt in their service, clearing the used plates and cups with speed. They even serve with a smile, which is a huge redeeming factor at Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence.

Room Tip: - Bring along extra SGD dollar for room deposit. - Do not accept free upgrade from travel agency to...
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed one night at the hotel booked by the travel agency. We were given a choice of a few hotels but chose Nagoya Mansion because it's a newer hotel. Room was big, but the moment we stepped in, we could smell a strong damp musky smell, which was quite unbearable. We had to call the hotel staff to come in to spray some air freshener.

There are lots of table space in the room, for your luggage and shopping bags, no need to put on the floor at all. The bed is clean and very comfy, love the comfy bed, thumbs up for that. Good hotel security, our taxi has to be stopped for security checks before being allowed to drive in. The taxi driver told us it's a safety check for bombs.

Hotel staff are friendly, helpful and always smiling especially the bell boy on the ground floor. Contrary to what I have read in some of the reviews here, I personally had no problems with them. In fact, their service was really good, ever ready to help us hold the lift door and door and giving directions and assistance. When the staff came to spray air freshener in our room, we forgot to ask him spray the other room too, so had to call him to come immediately after he left, no complaints too.

My only complain was the room was really not well maintained especially the bathroom, quite disappointed, given that it is still a fairly new hotel, and I really cannot stand the damp musky smell. It took a little while, after the aircon is on, before the smell went away. One of the glasses in the toilet was very dirty, there was a stain on it. The toilet, even after flushing, still has yellow water, guess their flush system isn't that good. When we checked in, the toilet roll was already finishing, they should have changed to a new one when new guests check in.

Hotel breakfast was a nice selection of buffet spread. Self service of coffee and tea as well as juices and water are available, but the staff came to our table to serve us coffee fresh from the pot. Now, that's what i called going the extra mile. Breakfast is from 6-10am, so obviously if you want to try their breakfast, go before 10am.

Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall is just a short walk away, we tried walking there, maybe we didnt know of any shortcut, the first half of the walk was quite daunting, having to walk by the side of the road with passing cars, since there was no pedestrian pathway. Luckily, there was a pathway after that for the rest of the walk. It was ok since it's in the daytime and still bright, I do not advise walking there at night when it is dark, for it can be quite dangerous with the passing cars, just my personal thoughts. Took a cab back to the hotel for 25000 rp.

Nice hotel with a good location and good service staff, but maintenance of rooms should be improved. Something should be done about the musky smell too, air freshener is really not a long term solution.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stay here as a couple on 14th June 2013 as part of a 1 day sightseeing tour. The hotel reception is on the 3rd floor and the lady at the reception was kind enough to give us a room on the 17th floor. We have to placed a S$50 deposit although we have already paid everything when we booked the deal and there were no drinks in the minbar.The hotel areas were spacious and the room was reasonably big.There is no bath tub . Upon checking in we made our way to the Nagoya Hill Shopping Center nearby (5 to 10 minutes easy walk)It is just turn right as you exit the hotel and a few more right turns. If you can find the short cut it is only 5 minutes I think.The shopping center is quite big with eateries and shops. You can get your kueh lapis here also.Breakfast was okay with a reasonable spread. Although our ferry was 3.30 pm indonesian time the tour pick us up from our hotel at 1230 and send us to the Harbour Bay ferry terminal. Luckily there were lots of shops and eateries here to while way the time. The nearby Harbour Bay Mall is not fully operational so there was not much to see here.

Room Tip: Can ask for high floor but there is not much of a view here.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

There were 5 of us and we got upgraded to 2 BR Suite. Our Suite was big n good. Just that initially flush not working but room service was prompt to fix the problem. One of the toilet gets little flooded while showering as the drain area is abit further, but nt a big issue.. Comfy n clean bed, pillow & room.. Swimming pool was good, 1.5m adult pool & baby pool. Their bbq dinner is 150 000 but we did nt eat there.. Their Bfast was nice n decent.. The Nagoya Hill Shopping centre was a 10 min walk from hotel, have hypermart n other shops.. We took taxi back to hotel at 40,000. Both check in & check out was fast n efficient.. Friendly staffs. We, gals , really had a great time.No complains =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Travelled as a couple and it is the second time we travelled to Batam. It was on a tour basis where we bought the deal at Deal.com.sg. We followed the tour and only check in to the hotel at around 5.30pm (indo time). I did a bit of read up from the reviews before our day of travel. First impression was WOW!! New and unique hotel where the lobby was not at the ground floor. The bell boy was friendly and greeted us in english instead of Bahasa Indonesia. We were amazed! When we reach the lobby and was about to check in, the front desk told us that we have to put a deposit of SGD$50 which we do not know and even our tour guide did not tell us about it. My boyfriend had a talk with him and assured him that we will not call for room services or any services that needs money. After the talk, the front desk only collected SGD $30 from us because thats only what we have. We got the deluxe room at level 17. When we first stepped into the room, the room was pretty big and spacious compared to our previous one. We have a pretty nice view outside our room compared to our previous one which only located at level 2. We saw an ashtray in our room so we thought our room is the smoking room till i saw the smoke detector and told my boyfriend to call the front desk and ask. Since our hotel is 6 months old, the management have not decided which rooms are non-smoking and smoking rooms. The spread of the breakfast is quite good as we went there quite early around 8am (indo time). Their eggs and waffle station have to wait because they do it on the spot. Overall, my hotel stay was SATISFIED!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!