“Great hotel...Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence

Save Saved
You added Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Imam Bonjol, Kampung Utama No.1 | Batam, Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Nagoya
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great hotel...Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Was quite surprised that Nagoya Mansion's hotel is really clean and comfortable. Got a deal from traveller's101 and the hotel stay is value for money. The rooms are superb. Reminded me of when I stayed at Hotel Istana in KL. All of us had a good rest. Don't expect much for the facilities as the hotel is new and they are in the midst of renovation/upgrading. However, breakfast is so-so in terms of variety. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel is about 10min walk from Nagoya Shopping Centre. Found a shortcut. Walking from the hotel to the shopping centre, is pretty okay. It's the going back part that's crazy. It goes uphill. Take a cab back if you are doing lots of shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The service staff at the reception counter was really pleasant. Smiles were definitely sincere and it made me and my wife felt comfortable right away. In the morning the staff at the breakfast area made us feel extremely comfortable and welcome too. To us who have travelled frequently for the past few months, this was the best to date. Breakfast buffet was of a good spread. We had ample rice, fried rice, fried noodles, mixed vegetables, beef bacon, chicken sausages, baked potatoes and many more. Staff serving the cooked eggs, of various versions, were extremely kind to ask you for your choice and serving you directly at your table. This to me looks more like a five-star hotel.
The rooms were very good, maybe they are still new. I was given a unit with a king sized bed. The shower was powerful enough for a good bath. Numerous channels on the television for a wide choice of programmes. The packet coffee provided was of good grades. I am a coffee drinker, hence I know my coffee pretty well.
I did read up the reviews before I headed to this place. With the Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall my main objective. I did read that the walk there was dangerous and hilly. I would like to correct that with my review. I agree that walking along the main road itself is dangerous. However, not the entire route was along the main road. Only between 150 to 200 metres of it. The rest my wife and I walked on the pedestrian pavement on the inside of the road. Guess the reviewer did not spot it, as I presumed that he walked in the dark of the night. The walk was pleasant and it takes roughly ten minutes, at a normal walking speed, to arrive at the Mall.
Facing the Mall, on one's right are rows of barbeque stalls. On the left there is a couple of coffee shops at the corner. The one coffee shop sitting directly at the corner serves very good Ayam Penyet, deep fried chicken with rice, and the cost is cheap.

Room Tip: There is none that I can offer except for the unit which I stayed in. That unit is 1716. Oh! Keep yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dos207, Direktur Penjualan at Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear our valued geust,

We thank you and highly appreciate that you have chosen Nagoya Mansion Hotel every time you visit Batam

We thank you also for your kind review of our hotel. We are always try our best to meet respectfully guest needs with our "Yes, We can!" mind

Thank you again and hope to see you at near future

Hotman Saragih
Nagoya Mansion Hotel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Pros:
we stayed for 1 night. although is short vacation but we like the hotel. it is a new hotel looks just refurnished not long ago. the guard was friendly & the staff also polite. At night I can see security was doing patrol at my room, 17th floor. We feel secure and comfortable.
Although we have to take a cab go to Nagoya Hill shopping, but it was fine, it's only cost us Rp20k. Outside the hotel, there's a stall which have nice mee goring, etc. We ate some dishes and the price was reasonable.

Cons:
pool was too small; spa not ready, under renovation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

At first, we were happy that we thought we got a good place at a good value for a 4-star hotel. Yes, the location is near Nagoya Mall but you need to walk about 10-15 minutes from the road and up the hill. So you need to prepare a good shoes for that if you don’t mind walking. Reception is on another level so you need to go by lift.

Room over-all is ok, like they got a comfortable pillow and bed. Air Con is ok. BUT the toilet finish has to be looked into. The door jamb, walls of the toilet needs some finishing. I suggest too to bring your own toiletries.

Buffet Breakfast is ok, got choices but the BBQ DINNER being offered is a BIG NO NO! Food is not worth paying. The dinner starts at 7pm but at 8pm, food was already finished & got very few choices and they don’t replenish right away. BBQ Foods were almost half-cooked. The juice was tasteless. We were also been misled of the price. When we arrived in the afternoon on our first day we saw the price on their whiteboard located at the Ground lift entrance, the rate was RP50,000++/person and so we invited our friends from another hotel to have dinner with us but unfortunately when we’re about to get our bill, we were surprised that the bill became RP150,000++/person. The restaurant manager was not even apologetic nor accommodating even though we explained our side that we all (5 of us) saw the rate was on RP50,000 , he just said that probably it was accidentally erased (but in 2 locations the rate were both the same - RP50,000++/person.

He even boasted that their hotel/restaurant is a 4-star hotel at that. But the funny thing there was he spoke to one of his staff thru their radio (in their local dialect – good thing some words can be understood) to check and correct the prices and after that he asked my husband to let him check again the rates written outside, lo & behold the price became RP150,000++/person (which you really can notice that “1” has been added for the spacing was very obvious) while the other whiteboard the numbers left were “3 0’s that obviously “50” was erased.

I would say, if the interior needs more improvement then STAFF needs to improve their customer service as well to be called a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been there with my significant other on 06 April and 07 April. First impression of the place is that it a new place on a hilltop and they are currently still very new in their operations. The lobby is located at the 3rd storey. When i checked in, the staffs were very polite and the surroundings of the lobby is very clean. We were required to give a SGD$50.00 upon check in so that if we ordered any room services, they would minus from that amount as our credit card details was not with them. As it was raining heavily with a growling stomach, we decided to eat at the restaraunt after checking in to the hotel room. At the restaraunt it was very empty as it was just me and gf and another couple. The food was good though not very fantastic but still palatable. Price wise it is reasonable not very expensive. We proceeded back to our hotel room and was very happy with the cleaniness of the hotel room and the layout. Even though we couldn't change to a queen size bed room due to an oversight on my side, the staff were kind enough to inform me politely which was great.

Fast forwarding to breakfast next day, the restaraunt was packed with people but we managed to find ourselves a seat. Food wise it was not bad, not much of a variety as it ranges from seafood fried rice, beehoon, sausages, samosas, salad with mock ham, cereal, bread, fresh orange juice and milk, steam chicken. The part that i need to queue for the food was the egg as the staff had to cook it on the spot and they have 3 different egg dishes mainly: sunny side-up, omelete and scramble eggs. Overall the dishes were ok. Check out timing was 12pm and we had a great time at batam. Amenities wise, they don't really have much as they are currently still new. Swimming pool is not very big, massage services are not available yet but they do have weekend BBQ party at the restaraunt which have bands performing late at night. Overall do not expect alot of amenities as they are currently still in their soft opening stage and not many services are available as of yet. I might come back again to this hotel but I will prefer to come back when the hotel amenities are more developed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Got back yesterday after spending 2 nights at Nagoya Mansion Hotel. Writing this review to help those who are desperately looking for one (I was the desperate one just a week before going Batam). Check-in was quick with friendly receps. (set aside sgd50 for deposit) Got a room at 19th floor. Not much of a view as our window faces the 2nd Tower of the hotel.

What I like:
- 4 pillows (2 normal sized, 2 big - may be too soft)
- Good working condition of air-con (was really cold at night as it started to rain)
- Great shower pressue and temperature
- Small issues in the room but was assisted and resolved very quickly
- Hotel provides metered new 6-seater taxi for hotel guest! - To Nagoya Shopping Ctr Rp. 30,000 ; To Megamall Rp. 40,000. [ Other taxis that runs on the roads without meter charged us the following rates when returning to Hotel - from Nagoya Shopping Ctr Rp. 40,000 ; from Megamall Rp. 50,000]
- Clean pool
- Wider choices of buffet breakfast on a Sunday morning

Some things to take note:
- Toilet bowl water seems yellowish after flushing but no weird smell so dont worry!
- Orignal coke sells at Rp. 22,000 per can (after tax/charges) - reason I say Original is because when you dine out, stalls/restaurants usually provides local version of coke which seems less gassy and much sweeter
- Not exactly walkable from Hotel to Nagoya Shopping Ctr as you would need to walk along the roads which can be quite dangerous (saw other guests walk in groups though but I strongly advise taking a taxi)

To sum up, Nagoya Mansion is a hotel with very friendly staff, always smiling when made eye contact. Very helpful and hope Hotel maintains this high level of service standard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Management screwed big time with my reservations & all they could say was "oh... I have to take care of many other reservations" (what a stupid excuse!)
They lied about the walking distance to the mall in nagoya hill, claiming it to be just a 3-min walk but it was actually a 10-15 mins sweaty walk on hilly road.
The gym is literally EMPTY! No point bringing along your exercise shoes. Very dark & quiet surrounding with no amenities around. No shuttle service provided and you have to use taxi service everytime if you dont wish to be drained out for having to walk to the main road.
Watching tv was like watching ju-on horror tv in the movies, you cant find a clear channel to watch & try calling their maintenance to rectify it. By the time they try to do something about it you are just about ready to check-out.
The air-con leaks the whole night & by the time I got up in the morning the rubbish bin that i put underneath was already 3/4 full of water.
It was a total let down for us all & we will never come back to this hotel as there are plenty of options out there in batam.

• Stayed March 2013

Travelers are raving about these Nagoya hotels

Been to Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!