“Overall a Pleasant Stay” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Hotel Golden Gate Batam to your Saves list
Hotel Golden Gate Batam
Duyung Street 01 | Komplek Ruko Golden Gate Blok F 1-3, Batu Selicin, Lubuk Baja, Nagoya, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Nagoya B&B and Inns
Cebu
“Overall a Pleasant Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed in the hotel from April 16 to April 20. Most of the time the internet in your room don't work and you'll have to go to the lobby to use the wifi dedicated to those in the lobby.

The rooms are quite reasonable in size. Although on the first day the smell was really awful. It has this damp like smell. After like 30mins to 1 hour with the aircon on and the door opened, it started to smell fine (got used to it maybe?)

Some staff don't speak english very well thus could lead to confusion, but in general they are accommodating. My suggestion to them is to ask if they don't understand and not say yes and ok just to end the conversation. I did asked them about the number to press to call outside telephone line, and i was answered "yes, ok".

Breakfast is so so, we were served spicy, basic Indonesian dishes.

Batam don't really have much to offer, unless it really is a must to go there, please go somewhere else. Corrupt immigration officer, people smoking everywhere even in arcades and child centers.

Room Tip: You can always ask for twin beds Taxi is 40,000 rupiah to 50,000 rupiah around 3-4 Singaporean do...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Staying at budget hotel doesn't mean I don't get my bed cleaned for 3 nights in a row, sleeping in a wrinkled sheets, and a very bad smell coming out of my bathroom, does it? But that's what happened to me. The smells was so terrible that I asked to move to another room, but sadly all rooms were full-booked. So I had no option on that. I also got room service coming to deliver my fried rice which I believe made of stone recalling how bad the taste was and she's not friendly either. Definitely not coming back here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

the hotel seems to be just over a year old but is already quite run down in my opinion. The only saving grace was that it is very close to DC mall and price is reasonable.

However, some things upset me:
1) I booked the deluxe king bedroom, but was given the superior room instead (a downsize apparently) by the daytime receptionist. Had a feeling it was not the correct room and asked the night time receptionist and she confirmed it. Absolutely no apology from the night time receptionist, she just informed me that i will be given a refund for the price difference and thats it.
2) I booked 2 rooms, and both rooms smelt really bad. My relatives called room service for some air refresher but room service only arrived 30 minutes. Apparently they had to go out to buy it.
3) My toilet door could not be closed.
4) Breakfast buffet was bad. Selection was v v limited. Food was barely topped up. Breakfast was from 7am-10am. But by 730am most of the main dishes were almost gone or gone (just left with gravy). By 745am, I guess you can look forward to toast - thats it.
5) Service by the receptionist was very poor. When I asked the receptionist a question, she looked irritated and answered me while checking her phone. I think this is one of the worst service by a hotel receptionist that i have ever experienced before. When we checked out, daytime receptionist refunded the price difference in my room but DID NOT apologise. A simple sorry would be nice.
6) The room walls are very thin. I could hear noises from the room beside and people who walk down the hallway.
7) People smoke in the hotel lobby and breakfast area (which is airconditioned by the way). We had to eat our breakfast very fast because the smell of smoke was overwhelming.
8) Bed too hard for my liking (understandable since it is a budget hotel)

Just to note:
If you take the taxi from the hotel to nearby places eg. harbour bay or nagoya mall, minimum price is 40,000Rp. Further distances more ex. Taxis do not use meter. And we saw the bellboy getting a token of money from the taxi driver.

Overall, I dont think I will stay here anymore. Rooms are not great. Food variety and quantity insufficient. Service overall is terrible.

Room Tip: Check that the receptionist gave you the correct room that you paid for.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Singapore River, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

had to bunk in here for the night as we were running out of hotels... the rooms are very clean not to huge just nice bed and shower facilities... the odd thin is me and my friends took two seperate room both duluxe but one was more cheaper then the other when asked why... it is because one had a window the other did not!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Comfort hotel with budgets price.
If you are regular traveller to the island... this maybe the the hotel you looking for.
With DC Mall at the back no other place you looking for..
But is your first time travelling to the island it might bit to far to anywhere. .
But not the problem due the taxi is plenty here..
The hotel mighty far from centre nagoya of batam...as if regular to the island it might not a problem to you. .

The room maybe quite small.. but the cleanness and the new modern day stylish above them all...
With daily breakfast morning you can start you day with refreshing for businesses or holiday.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Golden Gate Batam? Share your experiences!