“Reasonable Budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Triniti Hotel Batam

You added Triniti Hotel Batam to your Saves list
Triniti Hotel Batam
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raja Ali Haji, Kempleks Boulevard No CC 11-18,, Nagoya, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Nagoya
Singapore
“Reasonable Budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stay 1 night on 3 Sep( Saturday) in Deluxe room after a day tour. Taxi from Batam City Square to Hotel is IDR30K (40K is max) after negotiation. Budget hotel ve the basic toiletaries, ceramic tiles floor , signs of cigarettes burns on dressing tables, towels & bedsheets looks bit tired.
Receptionist say no Batam map, but walk left, right, left to Nagoya Hill, i didnt go there but saw the route shd be abt 8-10min (From Hotel to Batam Megamall next to Batam Center Ferry terminal is IDR50K after negotiation). Need to get WIFI password fr Receiption.
There's a futzal field downstair so they can play til abt 10pm+ mainly by bike. Spa is open for guest free jacuzzi but no staff at the spa counter when i went there abt 9am Sunday (and nobody picked up call 9-10am when i try to book for massage). I saw >20 Singaporean staying in same hotel, mainly in 20s. Guess its value for money for a budget hotel. But for me, 1 day is bearable but not too long as the SPRING bed is really too "soft" for my back but I enjoy relaxing by watching movies on Movies & HBO. Limited breakfast items but enjoy corn flakes with mik & bread toast. Will try another newer hotel next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DodiPutra, Manager at Triniti Hotel Batam, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Dear Guest,
We would like to share with you most of the taxi fare in Batam is base on negotiation as they don’t use meter to count the fare

Regarding your phone to the spa at 9am, we have to inform you that our spa operation is from 11am – 10pm, we do apologize that no one entertain your call before the operation time, in your next visit you may contact our hotel reception for further information

Once again thank you for your feedback, as each feedback will become our tool for improvement in the service and product matter

We do hope to win your visit in the near future

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at om.btm@trinitihotel.com

Dodi Putra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

Last july 2011 me and my hubby check in on triniti hotel..the staff is polite,the 60mins complimentary spa is worth it.:) i also like the suite..it was clean and nice.the food they serve is delicious..we are planning to go back again this coming december!:)) the only thing i dont like is the gym that is no longer in use..but over all its really nice and i enjoy our stay!:)

• Stayed July 2011
DodiPutra, General Manager at Triniti Hotel Batam, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and value the hotel
We do looking forward to welcoming and your hubby back to Triniti Hotel Batam
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance and information

om.btm@trinitihotel.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Triniti lives up to its name with surprises:

1. Value-for-money at night (US$31)
2. Good services
3. Polite and responsive staff (few English speaking)
4. Near to the popular and famous Nagoya Hills shopping mall (10 min walk - inverted S curve)
5. Near to Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal (5 min drive)
6. With free Sauna and Jacuzzi
7. Simple morning breakfast
8. 57 TV channels for selection
9. Free wifi connection (ONLY at reception and dining area)
10. Basic security at entrance
11. Resonable sized room.

Next, come the bads:
1. Unsafe to walk back to hotel at night due to elusive location and lack of road lights
2. No wifi connection in rooms
3. No free shuttle service to nearby Nagoya shopping mall.

Generally, it worths every single cent for the family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and value our hotel
Each floor has provided with the wi-fi connection, has only certain room in the corner that not yet reachable by the router, how it’s now has already improved and add up accordingly

Once again thank you and we do hope to welcoming you back at Triniti Hotel Batam in the near future

Om.btm@trinitihotel.com
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

The staff was friendly but understand little English. Let me raise an example, I got to know 2 ladies and they requested twin beds. However, they got a queen bed on their first try even after explaining.
Location ok within 15 mins walk of Nagoya. Don't get lost like what I did and then u will end in a residential neighborhood which seems not that savory.
There is no mini bar in my room. I don't know what the website is talking about with the free mini bar.
Shuttle service is to Nagoya hill complex only n not the return trip.
Rooms wall are slightly stained but clean.
Free massage was not that good but the paid one was ok.

• Stayed July 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Went for a 3 days 2 nights trip and decided to stay in Triniti Hotel. I booked with a travel agent in Singapore so that everything we required would be taken care of. I upgraded from standard room to deluxe as I wanted to get twin beds instead of a queen.
When we reached Batam Center Ferry Terminal no one was there to pick us up from the hotel eventhough it was in the package that we booked. I called the hotel and was told by the front desk that they were not going to pick us up from the ferry terminal as it was not in our package. Stated in the hotel voucher I had was 2 way land transfer. I then proceeded to call my travel agent in Singapore to ask what was going on. The travel agent called the hotel and instructed them to come and pick us up from the ferry terminal. After waiting for 1 hour at the ferry terminal the transport finally arrived.
When we reached the hotel, I spoke to the front desk officer and asked why was there a confusion about picking us up. She took out a copy of the same hotel voucher I had and said that it is stated there that they were not supposed to pick us up from the ferry terminal. "2 way land tranfer" was stated on the hotel voucher she held as well. When I showed her that she acted blur and tried to change the subject.
We were then given our hotel key and proceeded to our room. When we got to the room, I found a queen bed instead of twins. I proceeded back to the front desk with this complain. The same front desk officer told me that I was booked in a standard room. Stated on the same hotel voucher were the words upgraded to deluxe. She didn't take the time to read the voucher till I pointed it out to her and told her that I am paying more for the deluxe room. I then asked to speak to the manager. When the manager came I told him of my complains and that I was very upset with all that has happened. The manager went to personally check on the room and proceeded to get me the correct room.
That night the electricity kept on tripping and we had a night of blackouts.
The spa and massage was very good though. Food was acceptable.
Everything else at Triniti Hotel after the two incidents made our stay pleasant. The staff were helpful and nice.
I will have to think twice about going back to Triniti Hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DodiPutra, General Manager at Triniti Hotel Batam, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, first of all we do apologize for hassle upon your arrival and the transportation matter including your room type given by our reception, this is pure human error of our staff as this is not the way suppose to happen, we have accordingly warn the staff and ensuring that this incident will not happen again in the future.

The black out electricity is due to the short-circuit in one of the room that happen the same floor with you due to usage of an error mobile phone charger by other guest, but this happen only for few minutes that our technician has take care of this matter immediately

One again thank you for your feedback, in the future should you need further assistance and information please feel free to contact me at om.btm@trinitihotel.com

Kind regards,
World Wide Traveller
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I first booked at the Triniti hotel as it was my first time in Batam, but even before using the room I decided to move becaus:
- the location, although only 15 mn from the Nagoya hill was a bit shady, with a access to a bad road.
- The rooms where real basic, white walls, a bed and old table and chair and a small TV, I felt like being in a kind of quarantine room...
- The elevator was out of order, the lock of my door was not working and I had no internet connection.
The staf was friendly and helpfull, but I walked toward the center and decided to stay in another property - only after visiting the room....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
DodiPutra, General Manager at Triniti Hotel Batam, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment, I believe that that you have made your reservation thru internet and I am pretty sure that you are familiar with it. As the people that well understand the technology there is no thing that you cant find and search including the any location all over the world, we ca not confirm the duration of walking distance from the hotel to Nagoya Hill as in the normal walk it take only 5 – 10 minutes and not sure which location you accessed to reach Nagoya Hill
We are a two star hotel as you can see the price you are paying for, I believe you make the reservation of the suite in another hotel with the suite price of course and suite facilities as expected
Our elevator was in a regular maintenance that took only 30minutes to be ready during your visit.
Conclusion, we are a budget hotel and we range facilities, such Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steambath, whirlpool, fitness center and these facilities are free for our in-house guest that you did not mentioned, the wi-fi internet is free of charge as well and the password you can get from our front desk
As a hotelier we should know the ethic of how to treat and comment other hotel in the public area

Kind regards
Om.btm@trinitihotel.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Went for a 3days 2nights trip with my family (hubbie, 3yrs old son, mum, dad and sis). We choose triniti hotel because most hotels were fully booked for ph. We book 2 rooms, with an extra bed in each room.

Pricing is reasonable, S$15 for 1 extra bed 1 night. The extra bed in our room was similar to the existing ones, but my the extra bed in my sis room was those kind of foldable bed with wheels attached to the bottom. When asked for a change to those standard beds, the staff said there were no extra beds, so my dad went to confront the front desk people and demand for a change before they changed the foldable bed to the standard type. The bedsheets was stained with a few pen marks here and there, housekeeping not standardize ( there was a cup, 2 bottles of mineral water and 1 toothbrush set in my room, but none in my dad's room ), croackroach ran out under my sis bed. Even thou this hotel is located at nagoya and just 5 mins away from nagoya hill shopping centre, its not advisable to walk back at night. The hotel surrounding are dimly lighted, there's people playing soccer in front of the hotel till late, bikers loitering around. But overall, its good enough for a short get away at a very affordable budget rate.

Now for the worst part: TRINITI SPA. Think twice if you want to prebook an appointment here. I had book an appt for 4 pax at 830pm, when we reached, the receptionist told me that its only available for 3 pax. I was shocked when she told me that one therapist went home already. I was angry as she should have inform us earlier. Later she said that the therapist was sick so she have to leave earlier. I was thinking that this was just an excuse, but i let it go. So i asked her if there are any therapist at a later timing? She told me that there's one at 930pm. I asked if we could start our (3pax) massage at 9pm instead, let that one pax start at 930pm and we could all end at 1030pm. She told me the appointments are all taken up for later so we could not start at 9pm. So at 830pm, we went up to the rooms, at the 3rd storey. There was not a single soul there. I was very angry, and went down to the receptionist counter again. This time she said, there are only 2 therapist available right now. I was boiling and demand she solve this problem. By 850pm, she said that the 3rd tharpist will only be available 10mins later. We wanted to start together, so she let all 3 of us start at 9pm. Since we were starting at 9pm, i told her we want to have the 4th pax to start at 930pm. You guess it: not possible again, only can start at 10pm. So why tell me that there is a slot at 930pm earlier on? The other staff apologise and admit that her staff actually forgot about the 4th person appointment! This is all a waste of time! When i demand to speak to their manager, they kept quiet. In the end, hubbie asked me to forget it, so we proceed to the rooms. This time, the staff escort us up, and again there was no one there. Luckily the staff that escort us up show us to the rooms. All rooms are empty, we're the only ones! After waiting for 5-10mins, our therapists came in, my therapist was most likely not experienced. What's worst is that she keep long fingernails and thru out the massage i was unable to relax as her fingernails was cutting into my skin. My hubbie knock on our door 5 mins after we've started, and told me that his therapist is not there yet. After we've finished the massage, my hubbie had already finished his and was waiting for us, We came down at 1020. The massage was less than 1.5hrs(esp for my hubbie) but they still try to charge us at the full amount. I was very tired of arguing already, and asked her how could this happen? In the end she gave us a slight discount of about S$3-4 dollars. So we paid around S$22 for 1.5hrs of massage each, but i would rather pay more at other place to avoid this kind of problems, service and poor communication.

Although my stay at Triniti hotel was enjoyable, Triniti spa makes me think twice about choosing triniti hotel next time for accomodations since I am mainly there for mostly spa and massage.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
DodiPutra, General Manager at Triniti Hotel Batam, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
First of all on behalf of the hotel management we do apologize for the inconvenience that happened during your stay at our property.

Regarding the extra bed, we have two type of the extra bed, type one with normal bed and the other type folding bed, the one that given to you was the 2nd last of our extra bed from our store room however, our staff managed to changed it with the normal type of extra bed for both of your room. I sadly read that you seen the cockroaches in the room, for your information I personally have emphasize to our pest control supplier regarding their fumigation activities from once a week become twice, in the record of our room attendant both of your room were provided with our standard amenities before it ready to occupy and also we found no report either from front office or house keeping to get the amenities for your other room to be filled up. The lighting of the surrounding of the hotel has been accordingly brought up into the consideration of our management to improve as it’s part of the public area (local community) involvement at the same time

Regarding your bad experience in our SPA, there were a miss-arrangement between our receptionist and the therapist of your reservation as I found two record of your name in our reservation list but with different spelling while they thought different people, we have our regular training for our therapist from outside supplier, as some of them also still under probation, the therapist with the fingernail has been terminated accordingly, as this is strictly prohibited for all our therapist

However, we do apologize for the inconvenience of your stay at our property, we have take your feedback as a motivation for us to improve our quality both product and service, in the meantime, we are looking forward to welcoming you back at our property, please do not hesitate to contact me at om.btm@trinitihotel.com should you need further assistance and information

Kind regards,
Dodi Putra

Been to Triniti Hotel Batam? Share your experiences!