A friend who works in the area1 wk out of 6, who stays at this location said we should all (6 of us) stay at this hotel during the Course Du Soleil half marathon event (weekend 2/3/4th Feb 2013).
We arrived early evening Saturday, booked in easy enough. Very friendly staff. Rooms well appointed, clean, tidy with a requested sea view (4th floor). Key card system which operates the electric in the room.
Bar - phewww - very expensive but free nuts!
Staff and room service was available 24 hrs. Naturally, due to it being February, the pools were closed but we were lucky with the weather and used the outside seating area following our run on the Sunday. It was a pleasant 15 min walk from the start / finish line in Monaco port (so many BIG boats), where you will find many great bars. The rest of the town in a little more of a walk BUT the hotel permitted a transfer bus service, booked to order, which was a great way to get deep into the town, then walk back.
TV's had a clear BBC service, and should you have wanted cable connection for any laptop it was there. Free WiFi though. We didn't touch the minibar for fear of the need for a small mortgage!
Breakfast was extensive, freshly cooked (omelets to order), fresh fruit galore, tea coffee etc.
No matter what time we got in there was always a smile from the staff.
The only niggle was that the plug socket in room 414 in the entrance was just hanging free (dangerous if we had used it).
Would most certainly stay there again when I bring the wife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casting a serene reflection upon the Cap d'Ail harbor on France's Cote d'Azur, the Riviera Marriott La Porte de Monaco captures the spirit of Monaco. It's a magical place, where you can lose yourself in its fragrant breezes, profound beauty and international allure. As one of the premier hotels in Monaco, you'll be introduced to a superior level of service and amenities. Elegantly appointed accommodations beautifully blend extraordinary comfort with welcome features such as high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Marriott Riviera La Porte de Monaco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Riviera La Porte De Monaco Hotel Cap d`Ail
- Cap d Ail Marriott
- Marriott Cap D'ail
- Marriott Riviera La Porte De Monaco France/French Riviera - Cote D'Azur