“Second food visit - disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Peacock Hotel

The Peacock Hotel
Chesterfield Road, Oakerthorpe | The Peacock Hotel - Oakerthorpe, Alfreton DE55 7LN, England (Formerly The Peacock Restaurant)
01773 832088
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 39 Restaurants in Alfreton
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
South Wingfield, United Kingdom
“Second food visit - disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have eaten twice here now, once was very good, and the second time was very bad, with dishes having to be sent back. I go for a drink now and again, but it may be a while before I eat there again, as we have other good choices in the locality. A shame, but a pub such as this requires consistency. Or, perhaps I am being mean. We all make mistakes....

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Derbyshire
“Very impressed much better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had a family dinner just prior to Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. We went early for six o'clock as we had children and the friendly greeting and general ambience of the place was relaxing, warming, and just right for Christmas! It is very eclectic in it's décor, however, we found it amusing, rather elegant in it's way and cosy at the same time.

The food was plentiful, beautifully cooked and presented and enjoyed by all! We shall certainly return!

Well done!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Why so low reviews?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I've been to the Peacock now several times - and have been really impressed both by the quality menu and service received. We always go around 7pm and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Would highly recommend!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Service and Christmas meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We arrived without booking. The place was busy but they some how found room for us. The food was good quality and well priced, I had the Christmas dinner, the service was excellent the ladies attending to us were rushed off their feet but they shone through it all a great credit to the place and reason enough to go back again on my next visit "home"

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Harsh reviews seem unfair on this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been to the Peacock only once recently and found it really nice. The staff were fine and the food good. I had the fijitas and my girlfriend boston beef both were very well presented and tasted really nice.
I am surprised at all the bad reviews about this place as it's really nice inside and is a friendly and welcoming place. I did note though that these seem to be from a fair while ago and maybe any issues that were present then have been dealt with. It's such a shame that people may only read the past comments and might miss a treat. One thing I will say is that the cheap menu isn't available in December but we were told that on booking which was fine and really to be expected around Christmas as they have a Christmas menu as well as the a la carte.
Don't take my word for it at least give it a try I promise you won't be disappointed.