“Excellent meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 316 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: used to be the old Amalfi
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Spice Empire an hour ahead of our visit to the Theatre. We had not booked and the restaurant was full. The manager assured us of a table if we waited 10 minutes to be seated. We are so glad we did, the food was excellent with great service and we were in time for the theatre as the manager had promised.
Great start to a great evening with great service and fantastic food.
If you are going to the Sunderland Empire and you are planning a meal first, you won't get any better and it is literally across the road!
Well done to the manager and his staff.

Visited April 2013

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly suprised. Great food, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

First visit to this restaurant and will definately be paying another visit. They serve the usual curries etc but I can heartily reccomend the special variations. Had the deshi chicken curry which was probably the best I have had in a long time. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this place to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and lovely staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have visited Spice Empire quite a few times with my family and the food has been amazing every single time. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food that they offer - they're great at advising which dishes we are most likely to enjoy depending on our individual tastes. My favourite dish is the 'Chefs Special - King Prawn Zafron' which looks and tastes spectacular! The prawns have a wonderful chargrilled flavour which I love. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, good value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited Friday 3rd may, the restaurant was quite only about 3 other tables in but the atmosphere was nice & relaxed. 3 of us went, we were showed straight to our table. The restaurant is bright & modern. We ordered a bottle of wine, I had a orange juice & we ordered poppdoms & pickles to have while we look at the menu. We all ordered starters & main meals plus sides.After ordering there was a long wait between courses, but it was worth the wait. I ordered chicken tikka chat & chicken biryani.The food was lovely, plenty of it & worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

me and my partner visited this restaurants yesterday evening and i have to say we thoroughly enjoyed the food we were served.

We Began with poppadoms and pickle tray which was very nice. I then ordered the grilled garlic king prawns starter and my partner opted for the chicken momo both we found delicious and good size portion for the price. For our mains i got chicken tikka balti extra hot and my other half got chicken tikka specialty dish - Sabka Maza both with garlic pilau, chips and garlic keema nan (which i had to say was lovely and soft just the way nan should be...also it was stuffed with plenty of meat)

With two large glasses of red wine and two pints of cobra the bill came to just under £52. We will definateley be back to visit thank you for lovely meal

• Visited April 2013