“Fathers day meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 314 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: English, French, Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Offering French, Italian cuisine in the former water company buildingSourcing local produce and serving quality food and serviceOpen for lunches & evenings
Seaham, United Kingdom
“Fathers day meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was part of a table of 5 seated for a fathers day set meal.

The menu was great, not too heavy with choice but at least 6 or 7 mains which I personally could have opted for.

I had the pot roast beef which came served with a lovely big yorkshire pudding and goose fat potatoes and a chocolate torte for desert.

I'm still thinking about that desert and the boiled potatoes were amazing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jimmy_dacqua85, Owner at Restaurant D'ACQUA, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for you review of D'acqua. We hope you continue to dine with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free no problem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Cannot fault either the service or the food. As it was our first time and we are not locals, I called from the carpark for directions and a delightful young woman 'talked us in.' My daughter has a gluten allergy and the staff could not have been more helpful, adapting her choice to gluten free. The food was delicious and the attitude of the staff was much appreciated. Well done. We will definitely see you again!

• Visited May 2013

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“First visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have passed this restaurant for over 3 years and only just dined here and I have to say I was very impressed. The location is central, the interior is modern and fresh and offers a welcoming environment for guests. We were given the opportunity to order while having a drink before being taken to our table. Starters arrived in good time along with the main meals, the only criticism I would have was that I felt that the meal was rushed between the starter and main course and we could have done with a little bit longer between courses, but this did not really have an impact on our meal. It's is a great place to eat and I look forward to dining there again, I think anyone going here will not be disappointed.

Visited June 2013

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a private function”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My hubby and I have dined here a few times with family and friends and totally love it so we thought what better place to go for Sunday lunch following our sons christening (28th April).

Wow! It was amazing. Nothing was a problem. Food to die for (fantastic value for money). Service was second to none. Had so many lovely comments from family and friends.

Can't thank you enough.

• Visited April 2013

Durham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed :-(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I've heard nothing but good things about this place so on given the chance to go for lunch with the girls I couldn't wait. To be fair the place is nice & I can see a real attention to detail in the decor. The girls were lovely who waited on us & I actually commented on the crockery & glass wear they are some of the best I've seen anywhere but here it comes my main course was a massive let down, steak, fries & salad. My plate was 2/3rds full of fries & about 1/4 of a palms worth of salad leaf, steak wasn't bad about what I'd expect for what I was paying to be honest. This place is well polished so to present my food & scrimp on salad I was disappointed. However my dessert was very nice & my friends were happy with their food too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jimmy_dacqua85, Owner at Restaurant D'ACQUA, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of D'acqua, it is fantastic to hear you have only heard good things about d'acqua, that you like the decor, that you like our glassware and crockery, also that you staff lovely. Also great to hear you got what you expected regarding how much it cost, and that you found the dessert very nice and that your friends were all happy with their meals......

I am however devastated that your main course was a let down due to the salad garnish. It does state for the 'Steak Frites' served with dressed garnish, not served with what I think you were expecting a side salad. You could have ordered a side salad or changed the fries for no extra charge to a side salad if that was what you were expecting. Maybe next time you could add a side salad or change and then we know everything could be perfect.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back in the near future, Jimmy