“Never disappoints ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just enjoyed our latest meal here and thought it was about time I left a review. On arrival we were greeted with a smile and offered drinks, so glad we'd booked our table for 4 in advance as the place was packed. Booking was for 8 and we were seated at 8.20, no worries there as in no rush to be in and out. Yes the service was a bit slow but attentive, but that is only to be expected when a restaurant is full to capacity. The food was excellent with only compliments being discussed around our table (tried the mixed BBQ, tender steak and juicy chicken). Overall great night out with great food as we expected.

73% Recommend
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Iceland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

First and will be the last time I will visit,the starter was something from Iceland 4 small king prawns,little bit of garnish and small bowl of garlic to dip!

The carbonara was alright but not much on the plate.

Do not try the tetley bitter,nothing like the real tetley.overall the cost of everything far too much for what I got.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“A taste of Italy in Sunderland?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We came across Lucianos as we were looking for a bite to eat before going to the Theatre. The waiter said no problem with the short time scale I gave him, as good as his word we were feed watered and in time for curtain up. The food was the best Italian I have had for some time it was delicious washed down with a couple of glasses of house red for my wife and a couple of bottles of peroni for myself for myself and the bill was under £25 bargain price super food. Will definatley be going back next time we are in Sunderland.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Pre Ballet Lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We nipped in here for a quick bite to eat before we went to the Empire. Service was pleasant and speedy and the food was really gorgeous! And for 3 drinks, inc a pint of lager, shared garlic bread and 3 mains the cost was a fantastic £24. As I commented on our way out, the place has been open for quite a few years now...they definitely know their stuff!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Alright Italian restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited here today with friends but I have been a few times before with mixed opinions of it. We visited during Happy Hour so that the prices would be a bit cheaper. For a starter I ordered a Plain Garlic Bread which was £3.40 which was a decent size and I shared this with my friend. It tasted ok, it was slightly burnt and crispy where I would prefer it a bit doughy but it wasn't too bad (lots of garlic which was good). For my main I tried the prawns in chilli, garlic, tomato and white wine sauce and I ordered this with chips. Prawns were a decent size but there were only 5 of them and I was a bit disappointed considering they cost £8.50. The sauce was lovely and I could have done with a few more chips to dip them in. For dessert I ordered the 3 scoops of ice cream. I had caramel, milk chocolate and white chocolate but there were plenty of flavours to choose from. This was £4.20 which was a bit steep for ice cream even though they tasted lovely. Overall, the atmosphere is quiet and cosy and the staff are lovely but I just feel that there are cheaper and better tasting Italian restaurants in Sunderland.

• Visited October 2013