“Great rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Gardermoen
Gardermoen/Oslo, Norway
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My 3 year old son and I stayed one night primarily to see airplanes, but never saw any eventhough we asked for a room with a view. Great beds and great location for when using Gardermoen Airport, takes 2 mins to walk to the terminal. Good breakfast, although nothing special. Almost soundproof windows, didn't experience any noise from the airtraffic. The website said there was a playroom there, but when I asked the reception they said there weren't any.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Hans F, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Stine,

thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the guest room. However, concerned to read about the disappointment with the view and the playroom (which is only available during holiday season).
We will make sure to review our website content to make this more clearly indicated.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the future so we can provide you and your son with a hotel room overlooking the airport and the airplanes. Please feel contact us referring to this dialogue to have this arranged!

Hans - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night before flying out of Oslo the following day and generally my stay was just ok.

The location of the hotel is excellent for the airport (and train station at the airport) as it is literally a 2 minute walk to the terminal/station. There is at the moment some building works at the airport which you need to walk past, but this does not hamper your walk at all.

The hotel itself is really modern, clean and well presented. The reception is large and looks really nice. There are about 4 or 5 desks for you to check in at, however on both occasions that I needed to use them only 1 or 2 of these were actually being used, so there was a bit of a queue both times.

The room that I was given (5th floor, I believe 5207) was really nice, great furnishings, a nice comfy bed, a small but clean and tidy bathroom and generally well maintained and tidy. As it is so close to the airport the room had 2 sets of windows, meaning that I got literally no noise at all from the runway and actually had a really good night sleep. There was a large TV in the room which was great.

I ate in the hotel on the evening and unfortunately this was not so good. The food itself was actually really nice, but the staff seemed a little uninterested and abrupt. I had to wait for a very long time to be seated as staff were walking past me, polishing folks and generally ignoring me it seemed. Eventually someone came over to me and took me to a table at the back of the room next to the window. The table was actually ok, but a little crammed in between 2 much larger tables. This again was fine, but as I was eating alone it seemed a little odd being crammed in between so many groups, perhaps I'm being over sensitive there though! :)

The food that I had (just a burger) seemed really expensive but as I've said was nice. I made the mistake of having 2 beers while I was there without checking the price, these were extremely expensive (about £9.50 per bottle), so maybe watch out for that. I appreciate that this is a hotel so is likely to be much more expensive, but this seemed to take that to the next level!!

Breakfast at the hotel seems like complete madness. As it is so close to the airport I'm guessing it is really busy all of the time (it was when I was there) and there is literally no order to it at all. I waited for a bit at the desk you come to when you first walked in, but quickly realised that you are not waiting to be seated here. You basically need to wander around to find a table which is free, and if possible one that is cleaned. They didn't seem to be quick at cleaning the tables, so there were lots that still had dishes on them. Once you have found a table you then need to battle your way through to get some food. The food is actually ok and there is a good choice, but as I've said it is a bit of a battle to get it. Then when you come back to your table there is a good chance, as was the case for me, that someone has decided to sit at your table due to there being so little choice of seating. This may have just been because I was on my own and had nobody to 'guard' the table, and was actually ok (the people in question apologised and moved on, they hadn't seen the coffee I had left there), but really does highlight what a chore getting something to eat at breakfast is. Again, the food is fine and there is plenty of it, but the whole experience is a little stressful.

Sadly the staff at this hotel generally seemed uninterested, abrupt and in some instances a little rude. They certainly (in some cases) gave out the relevant pleasantries, but these seemed forced and though they were being checked of a pleasantries list. I understand that this is a busy hotel, with so many people passing through it never to return, but my experience of the staff was fairly cold in every instance.

My stay at the hotel was ok, it could however have been really great. The location is excellent, the standard of the rooms/building etc is great and the quality of sleep is good and the actually standard of the food is good too, sadly the service that I got while I was there was poor.

Would I stay here again? I would, but I'm going to be trying out other hotels in the area first, and will return if I really have to.

Room Tip: 5207 was quiet, well maintained and comfy. Each room has ironing facilities, so you don't need t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hans F, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We value all feedback coming from our guests as an opportunity to continue to improve our services and products in our hotel.

We are happy to read that you were satisfied with standard of the hotel. However, we are concerned to read about the service errors that you experienced and we apologize for the inconvenience you were caused.
This is certainly not the level of service and quality that we want to be known for by our guests and we can fully understand your frustrations concerning this.

I can ensure you that we have discussed this happening internally with the management to avoid any lacking service in the future. Please feel free to contact us to discuss this issue further.

Gardermoen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

It is always nearly perfect to stay at this hotel. Quiet in confortable rooms, excelent breakfast and good service. Some times it takes to long time to check in/out. It is short way from the terminal, important when you are on travel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hans F, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your stay at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel - we highly appreciate your great feedback! We are pleased to hear about all the positive elements that you mention from your stay. Positive reviews like your truly helps the team staying motivated and delivering our 'Yes I can' philosophy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to us!

Haugesund, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel closest to the airport, hence easiest to get to in rainy weather. There is even covered pathway from the arrival hall. Good reception, nice restaurant. Room spacious and clean. Hotel was just undergoing some renovation however there was no disturbances. In order to make rooms quit (airport), there are double windows fitted ( 4 glasses noise insulation)!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hans F, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your stay with us! We are pleased to hear about all the positive elements that you have highlighted about our hotel. Positive reviews like your helps the team staying motivated and delivering our 'Yes I can' philosophy.

We hope that we'll be able to accommodate you again in the future.

Reykjavik, Iceland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The only reason I chose this hotel was because I had a meeting at the hotel premises. The room was a bit dated, but appeared to be clean. The bathroom was good with a good size tub. Breakfast selection excellent and the wifi very reliable. The hotel gym was very good with plenty of cardio machines, free weights and weight machines.
I was a bit disappointed that the curtain in the hotel room was not fixed - the curtain was hanging down so it was impossible to draw the curtains in a proper way for the window. All though this was in plain sight for housekeeping after the first night it was not fixed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gudrun,

thank you for reaching out on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us.
Your feedback is very important to us and I am therefore concerned to read about the issue with the curtains. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

I will make sure that your feedback is shared internally to make corrective actions where required.
We hope that we can accommodate you again. Welcome back to us.

Stavern, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Radisson hotels in Norway are of different qualities. This one is probably the best in Norway. It is located just 200 meters away from the check in at the airport. This is very hand for early departures. Being located far out of the Oslo city center, it is still only 19 minutes away from Oslo center with the airport express train. There is a direct entrance to the station from the hotel. The rooms are very nice, well insulated from noise from the airport. The breakfast is also superb and is being served from 5 o`clock in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your stay with us - we highly appreciate your great feedback! We are pleased to hear about all the positive elements that you have highlighted about our hotel. Positive reviews like your helps the team staying motivating and delivering our 'Yes I can' philosophy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to us!

Longyearbyen, null, Svalbard and Jan Mayen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel is just acroos the airport, in 1 minute or less you are there. To find other hotel nearby you must take a taxi (which are very expensive in Oslo) or take the shuttle buss(cheap). It is a little expensive, but it whort it in my opnion. Once I booked a suit for 2 + one child, but later a friend needed a place to crash the same night, so the hotel fixed an extra bed for her, and it was fair price for that. They showed us flexibility with short notice. The staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurant is good, but yet expensive. Good service, nothing to complain. Breakfast it is great. I stayed there several times, and probably next time I need to overnight at Gardemoen I will choose Radisson if I can. It makes simple. When I am travelling I like to relax and do things the easiest way, so this is a perfect choice. Rooms are clean and nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay with us - your feedback is highly appreciated!
We are happy to read about all the positive elements about our hotel that you have summarized very well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

With best regards,
Hans - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Been to Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen? Share your experiences!