“Better than your average Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gardermoen
Saskatoon, Canada
“Better than your average Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a better than normal airport hotel. The room I received was very large and comfortable -- it was nice to have some space! Everything in the room was very nice, save for the desk chair, which was so small and tight as to be nearly unusable. Give that I had an evening of work to do, this was very unfortunate. The deck in staffperson was bland and unwelcoming -- perhaps the hotel staff forget that we are tired, have often travelled a long way and could use a little bit of a welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a better desk chair if you have to do some work.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback - we highly appreciate your remarks and will discuss the mentioned concerns further. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the spacious room.
We wish you welcome back on another occassion!
With kind regards,
Hans - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

[ I was here on a longstay ]
Check in was a little slow unfortunately, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite I believe. It was horrible and it looked like it was built in 1972. It even smelled bad [ Like old carpet or mildew ] .

I went back to the front desk and told them I wasn't doing it in this room and if thats the only room they had, I'm changing hotels. The front desk staff was great to bring me to a few other rooms to see if it fit me better, all of the Junior Suite's I was shown were disappointing.

I then asked for the newest room they had, which was the 'standard room' and that was MUCH MUCH better ! I actually liked the room! Make sure you get the newly refurbished rooms.

I had a problem with the door. To open it, I usually press down on the handle, but it wouldn't open that way so I had to push it up, weird, complained to the front desk, the person asked me if I did it the other way ( push up ) and I said yes, and her response was, " there you go ! you can do it that way " . I was shocked

I couldn't turn off the lights in my room from the front door control panel. It didn't work at all. Called maintenance, he came took a look and said it would take time, I was tired and I said do it tomorrow, I stayed for weeks, this was never fixed

The switch to turn off the lights next to the bed would only work after pressing it a couple of times. Rather frustrating.

The internet was far from spectacular unfortunately.

I called for laundry pick up a couple of times, one of the times the person made me bring my laundry and drop it off at the front desk. This is highly unacceptable for me.

The bed was very comfortable, TV channels were very acceptable

Breakfast was good! Good spread, Fresh O.J !

Room Tip: Make sure you get the newly refurbished rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear gdavid87,
thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the conditions of your room. It is highly apologetic that you faced these issues.
We will discuss the conditions of your room and the other concerns you bring to our attention with our staff to ensure all guest rooms and that our guest services are up to Radisson Blu standards.
To discuss your stay further, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for the management of the front desk or the maintenance department.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice place, very convenient! You can walk from the terminal to the hotel in about two minutes ... walking slowly ;). The hotel entrance and amenities are what you would expect at this level of accommodation. The staff is really friendly and helpful too. The rooms are okay ... the bed is as good as any I've had in a hotel that's not a "resort" level place. The decor could use some help, it's a bit worn and dated IMO. But, I'd stay here again without hesitation if I were traveling through Oslo and wanted a hotel that was convenient to the airport to make traveling through a no-brainer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and give us this feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently refurbishing our guestrooms and would be delighted to accommodate you in one of these on your next (potential) travel through Oslo - welcome back!
With kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

It's ideal for a late night flight. Rooms are clean and typically Scandinavian. Location is perfect if you arrive in late. Connections to the city centre are great but to get straight to bed the hotel is a great pit stop.
Staff were very friendly.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback - we highly appreciate your comments.
We wish you welcome back to us on your next visit to Gardermoen!
Hans
Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I spent one night at this hotel as an 'airline guest' after technical problems led to a missed connection so cannot comment about value for money but I found the room to have all that was required for a comfortable night. Travellers' photos on TA suggest that rooms in this large hotel vary as to when they were last updated. My room was a little dated, in terms of its furniture and general decor, but it was large and very well equipped, with tea and coffee making facilities, minibar, iron, safe, free wifi. The bed was comfortable and the room well sound-insulated. The breakfast had a wide range of choices and opened early enough (5am on a Sunday!) for those with early flights. There were plenty of common areas with bars, and a health suite too, with sauna and solarium. Best of all, the airline check in desks were a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Overall, a very decent option if having to overnight at Oslo airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear ValH,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to read that you had a comfortable stay in spite of the the flight issues.
We are currently refurbishing many of our hotel rooms and would be delighted to accommodate you in one of these on your next visit here!
With warm regards,
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We chose this hotel purely because of the proximity to the airport. Normally I wouldn't pay 160/170chf (equivalent) a night for a hotel when I knew we were arriving at 11pm & leaving again at 7am, however being able to walk out the door of the airport & basically into the door of the Raddison sells itself, especially when it's -10 degrees & 11pm!!
I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but we had no problems at all! There was a queue for check in but as soon as we walked in the door & joined the queue more staff appeared & we were served almost immediately.
Check in was easy - we had prepaid the room & didn't have any special requests. The room itself was ok, the usual 'double' bed where you get two singles pushed together, a well stocked mini bar, a kettle for tea/coffee making & an iron & ironing board in the room should you need it.
This was our first experience in a Norwegian hotel & we weren't disappointed with the breakfast buffet - we were sad we couldn't longer over breakfast longer before having to rush off to catch our flight. Th variety was exceptional! The buffet almost makes the price you pay for one night more than acceptable! The little extra touches were nice.
If we had another over night connecting flight we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Liz,
thank you for reaching to give us your feedback! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for your over night connection flight.
We would be happy to welcome you back next time you stop by Norway!
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We (family of 2 adults & 3 kids) stayed here for two one night stays at the start and end of a ski trip to Norway.

The first challenge was finding a hotel in the airport area that could offer us interconnecting rooms to accommodate 5 and after a lot of digging, finally the Radisson said they could connect a suite to a regular room.

So arriving at 8pm, I expected to walk up to reception, hand over a credit card, get my keys and be in my room. Oh no, they had one agent working front desk, a queue of maybe 5 people wanting to check in and each transaction taking far too long. Seriously, I have bought a mortgage in less time than it was taking other guests to get their keys.

As the line crawled forward suddenly another guest just walked up to the front of the line, said something to the agent and the two of them disappeared. Evidently she was also acting as Bell Hop, he'd left bags with them so everything stopped while their only agent working check in went to do something else.

Eventually we got to the front of the line and up to the assigned rooms. The regular room was utterly worn out and certainly not what I expected from the best hotel at the airport. The connecting 'suite' was in far better condition, but was infact a bedroom with a partition at one end and a meeting table for six. So all we had was two double beds for the five of us.

I called reception - they were adamant that there was a sofabed in the "suite" - but eventually relented and shipped up a roll-away bed to the room.

It must have been an hour and a half after landing that we were in a position to start getting the kids to bed - so much for the convenience of the airport hotel.

The room was quiet, breakfast was good and check-out was swift, but the beaten-up state of one of the rooms and that ridiculous wait for check-in (which they blamed on it being 'the holidays') really did leave me wondering how aware Radisson as a whole is of the state of operations here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear swisstony123,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to connect with us and bring these issues to attention. We can fully understand your frustration with the long queue on check in and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have brought this concern to the attention of the management in order for them to address this directly with the team at the front desk. We strive to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service during their stay and instances like yours should not happen.

If you consider coming back to us for future visits, please contact the hotel directly and refer to this reply. We are currently refurbishing our guest rooms and would be delighted to have you as a repeated guest and take good care of you.

Hans - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Been to Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen? Share your experiences!