“Cosy atmosphere and good food if you know what to order.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Gjovik
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: One of Egon's main goals is for everyone to feel at home in our restaurant. Whether you're out on a buisness lunch, dinner with your family, an evening out with your friends, or simply just want to enjoy a cup of coffee, this is the place to go. We can offer a variety of dishes, everyone can find something they like in our menu. Do you have any food allergies? We can costumize our dishes, so that you can feel safe while enjoying a good meal.
“Cosy atmosphere and good food if you know what to order.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Personally I love the informal and cosy atmosphere of all Egon restaurants.

As this is a big chain with a standardized menu, I think it's important to know what dishes are done well in different restaurants. In my experiense, the italian pizza, the spareribs and the salmon are good choices. Specially with the "Maldon potatoes".

This is not the place for drinking beer, drinks or coffee. I once ordered an Irish Coffee here to see how it was. Unfortunately I felt ripped off when they got the coffee from the regular huge coffee machine in front of the counter and cream from a "spraycan" (not sure what to call it). Beer is also over priced.

Nevertheless, I'll probably go here again. :-)

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oslo, Norway
“Extremely friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I went here with my mother (89) for lunch. We found a table and I apporached the desk for ordering. I had to wait for a quite long while and I started to be a little irritated. If I'd been alone I would probably have left.... Well, the waiter showed up at last and his friendliness and appologies for letting me to wait was so nice that I kept my irritation by myself.
The food was good, the portions rich and the staff extremely service minded and friendly throughout our meal.
Next time in the village I'd like to come back!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ihle
“Over-priced of epic proportions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just don't bother. The prices are ridiculous, and the portions are a comedy. Norwegians seems to enjoy this restaurant, and come quite often, but I have no idea why. I simply do not understand what is so good about a restaurant that over-price everything to the insane. In fact, if you stay here and eat long enough, I may actually think you end up insane by the time you will see the bill of what you just had. Ridiculous sized desserts, abysmal sized portions of steak. It just never ends. The surroundings are cute though, which may stop you from ending up at the nearest mental hospital after you're doing chunking down food which by every swallow you do you will know you just wasted another 20 NOK. To top it all off, they are not even a full service restaurant, which means you have to order at the bar yourself. That's right, and oh, did I mention the prices??

The atmosphere is fine though

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Aguascalientes, Mexico
“Don't bother unless you are Norwegian and...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010 via mobile

Don't bother unless you are Norwegian and you know what to expect of it. For a visitor the prices are ridiculous compared to the food standard you receive (even for Norway's prices) and the atmosphere is terrible with kids running around screaming out of contol.
Do yourself a favor and either splurge on a better quality meal at Big Horn by the cinema or cross the corner to the charming-more-affordable little Thai restaurant for a better prepared and better priced meal.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Skreia, Norway
“Only place in Gjovik with god food at a...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Only place in Gjovik with god food at a reconable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Food