“Great food great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Sandnes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Brasserie
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: It is a blessing every time our guests tell us that Charles & De is a great place to meet for business and pleasure. Our “house of foods” is well suited for meetings, seminars, wine tasting and celebrations. The entire staff is passionate about their work, and we are doing our outmost to serve you a variety and quality foods. The name is associated with exquisite flavors and the importance of teamwork. Charles Tjessem was titled World Champion in 2003, when he won the first price and gold medal in the prestigious competition Bocuse d’Or. We do believe in using local ingredients as much as possible. It's a thrill every time we can trace the food all the way back to the day when the seed was planted. We look forward to be seeing you real soon!
Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway
“Great food great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The family went there for dinner and we had a wonderful experience. The food is so wellprepared, the meal so well composed and the waiters are so nice and competent.

Visited September 2012

Sandnes, Norway
“Is Charles biting over too much?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Charles & De used to be good, but now it is, well, average. It seems Charles himself is no longer very interested in the place. He is busy in many other places, so he may be too busy?

Visited August 2012
Norway
“Good taste, but where is the value for money?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I tried the "Summer Burger" and got a small (about 100-150gram) burger with some overcooked potatoes. If I pay kr 199,- I expect more than this. I think this resturant knows better. I would recommend it for the TASTE, but if you are looking for a plate with enough food on it, go somewhere else. This is a review for the burger, I do not know the other dishes.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“You must try Atlantic cod :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Unfortunately I discovered Charles og de, a bit late at my stay in Sandnes.
But I did get a chance to taste the cod in this restaurant. And I can highly recomend Atlantic cod with; bacon, spring vegetables, puré of potatoes & tomato salsa. When you taste it, you will forget about the price. Its worth it!
Charles Tjessem (the owner) was titled World Champion in 2003. Tjessem has also been the Manager of Gastronomisk Institutt in Stavanger and the Captain of the Norwegian National Team of Chefs. Need I say more.. :-)

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Derbyshire
“Lunch venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice place if you're in Sandes and you're passing. I haven't been here on an evening so can't comment on that but the food is nice for lunch

Visited June 2012