Due to connecting flights we needed to stay overnight in Helsinki, rather than pick a hotel in the city and have to travel in an out 30 minutes each way we selected the Hilton Helsinki Airport.
As it turned out this was an excellent decision we had originally planned to catch the airport bus into Helsinki Central Station to visit the Christmas markets but these had stopped just stopped. With our plans in pieces and our 5 and 2 year old children showing sign of tiredness my wife was able to upgrade us to an the executive floor room for a reasonable cost.
The executive lounge provided light fair which was sufficient to feed our children and broke up the monotony of being stuck in the room. The complementary drinks and snacks were provided between 6 and 8. Internet access was also complementary on the executive floor but required a username and password which the staff gladly provided.
There was also a small children's playroom behind reception which was handy for entertaining young kids while checking in or out.
The room itself was nicely finished but rather small. It contained a proper queen bed and a single trundle bed had been brought in for our 5 year old. The bathroom had a separate shower and bath which was a pleasant change after the shower over bath of our previous accommodations.
Our booking included breakfast which we took at the main restaurant.
There were the usual hot foods; scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, tomatoes etc, a selection of cold cuts; a few different cheeses, smoked salmon, herrings, hams and salamis, etc, a selections of pastries, cereals, fruits and yoghurts.
All up there should be something there to suit most peoples taste, the quality was good for those items I tried.
I would recommend the Hilton to any transit passengers for it convenient location, a 300m walk outdoors but under covers, and clean nice rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Helsinki Airport is located at the airport. It takes only a few minutes to walk from the airport to the hotel through a covered walkway. This hotel offers state-of-the-art facilities and contemporary design with a Finnish twist. Enjoy your stay in the fresh, comfortable guest rooms with large soundproofed windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Helsinki Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Helsinki Airport Hotel Vantaa
- Hilton Helsinki Vantaa Airport
- Helsinki Hilton